Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

offers

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Wizz Kid
i know it is still on offer but you have to go in private browsing or clear bowser dater to see offer another con by talktalk just been on to look
wizard
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

if talktalk t&cs say offers are for new customers and exsisting customers if they are within 90 days of contract end date then why can i not get the offer of £17 pcm instead of £27  pmc i am a customer within 90 days of contract end  so much for customer loyalty dept 

wizard
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @kkkev11 

I agree that to see new customer offers advertised by TalkTalk you do need to clear any TalkTalk cookies that identify you as a TalkTalk customer.

Offers advertised by TalkTalk are available to you. Previously, @OCE_Arne has honoured advertised deals even when the Loyalty team have denied that advertised deals exist. You may wish to seek his support in advance of renewing at a price higher than advertised to new customers.

There are new customer offers with other providers and pros and cons with switching to some deals that undercut TalkTalk.  But switching is definitely an option to consider if TalkTalk isn't offering fairer broadband pricing for loyal customers.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
thanks for reply i am happy with talk talk bb and the on line team are very good its the rest of the talktalk team that seem to be hell bent on new customers not loyal ones i dont really want to be switching again but its what the budget dictates ? but for the loyalty team to say that offer is not available is to say the least is a lie!!!!!!!!!!
wizard
Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Gondolas point about 'loyal customers' is well made. My renewal is several weeks away and I'm out of the UK for sometime so switching at the moment is not practical but I'm back a week or so before my price rises from £17 to whatevers on offer, clearly not £17 at the moment. I just hope Shell Utility offer is still around as I'm more than happy be paying them £14.99 a month. Offer was available recently via moneysavingexpert website, no non existant vouchers etc just a straight price for new broadband customers. If talktalk don't want my money someone else will!
Highlighted
Wizz Kid
yes that deals still on there should be some new deals from other isp as the new month is here so will wait to see what comes up shell and onestream are cheapest at this time even if they are a little unknown
wizard
Highlighted
Community Star

Fast Broadband @ £17 month still advertised on TalkTalk website, so according to Small Print is available to existing customers with less than 90 days to go on existing contract. If they don't give it you, complain!

Screenshot 2019-04-30 at 15.47.46.png

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

hi yes i know it is still on offer but amanda from the loyalty team says the offer is no longer available as for complaining not sure if to as they dont seem to want my money unless i pay higher price i saved transcript as was thinking about it but not sure can be bothered with the hassle?

wizard
Highlighted
Community Star

OK, if I were you here's what I'd do. Get back onto the loyalty team, either by phone, or Live chat. Mention this thread to them. Mention that the offer is clearly out there. Mention that you are within 90 days of your contract end date and that qualifies you for the offer under the T&Cs. If on live chat send them a link to this thread. If they still won't play ball insist on being referred to a manager. If that doesn't work insist at then getting it lodged as a complaint. I know it's a pain and it shouldn't be that way, but ultimately this whole sorry story is being recorded here on the TalkTalk forums and I never fail to hope that they will improve at some point, if only through sheer embarrassment.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

thanks for your reply very informative i think the only way tt will improve is if it involves £ signs in there favour unsure what to do at moment might ask oce arne might do as your post says or vote with my feet plenty of other isp will be happy for my money ? ???

wizard
Highlighted
Community Star

Sadly the OCE cannot do anything directly regarding contract renewal, imagine, they would not have time for anything else! But they can follow up if are there any conflicts in a deal which has been agreed.

Otherwise vote with your feet as you say, but if you find a mainstream ISP which provides better pricing in the long term I will be surprised.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
been on live chat and they are saying offer not on live chat if i wish to find out more i should ring billing but not spending time on phone to someone i find hard to understand so looks like option 3 (loyalty team my ************)
wizard
Highlighted
Community Star

Ever more frustrating, did you specifically ask to be put through to the loyalty team regarding the published offer?

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
hi yes it was the loyalty team i was speaking to on live chat been doing research on now bb they are part of sky for customer service so dont seem to bad and price is good thanks for your help but it is looking like option 3!!
wizard
Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Option 3 is?
Highlighted
Wizz Kid
switch isp instead of banging head against brick wall
wizard
Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Many many years ago when simply broadband was £2.50 a month, plus line rental-discounted if you paid a year in advance I was about to leave on renewal and gave up on online chat and spoke to retentions one Saturday afternoon. The guy was in the uk and at the time new customers were getting fantastic incentives to join, free Internet for 12 months I recall. You paid line rental and any call packages of course but the Internet was free(OK only then £2.50! a month ). Got chatting to this guy and I said about this deal for new folks and I'm an existing cuatomer what can you do for me. We kind of got on well I didn't shout at him just wanted to stay with tt but wanted a fair deal. I recall his reply, which was, OK its Saturday afternoon, its sunny, I'm about to finish for the day so you can have the same package, free for a year, but line rental and phone bits extra. The deal was done. So maybe just maybe making that call may make all the difference., maybe just wait till Saturday!!!!
Highlighted
Team Player

I've been having the same issue as well.I've spent hours/days/weeks on the phone/online chat etc. asking for the £17 broadband deal that loyalty etc. deny exists.

I was eventually offered it on online chat after  threatening to leave and quoting PO prices at £15.80,but until my next bill comes through I do not believe it will be on there as all TT emails just say,thank you for signing up to a new contract and no details of price.

My other half cannot believe that it could take so long just to agree a contract and how much time is wasted doing it.

You have a TalkTalk contract or you have a life!!

Good Luck,

Fedup1232

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
yes but it should be them that try to make us stay with them not us having to fight to get deals that are on??????? there is something wrong there that should be fixed !!!!!!!!
wizard
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

went back on live chat not long ago browser was incognito went on talktalk £17 pcm offer page asked about offer when they admitted it was on offer still tried to get £17.95 pcm asked why price had risen then got ok can offer £17 pcm for 18 months plus my free call boost still carries on for remaining 6 months so thats a bonus even if it took some doing but this was not from loyalty team it was from customer service hope this helps others !!!!!!

wizard