Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£4 TV charge - What counts as notice?

AllyM
Insightful One
Message 13 of 13

I have read several posts regarding TalkTalk's intention to add a £4 per month additional charge to everyone's account for TalkTalk TV services.

Now, I am one of those people who has never used TalkTalk TV services, always declined when asked to add TV to my account, do not and never have had a TalkTalk TV box, so obviously I don't want to pay this charge.

My concern is that I read on another thread a poster describe it as a "stealth charge" and a response from an OCE saying that it was not, as customers get 30 days notice.

My question is then, what counts as notice?

As I have not received any personal email or letter telling me about the proposed charge, does that mean they are not going to add it to my account or does reading about it on here count as notice giving them to add it anyway.

I would like some clarification so that I know whether or not I need to opt out.

12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

I echo @Birchcroft's experience.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

@Karl-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi AllyM

In your case, you would not have had the charge applied to your account as you do not have a TV product.

@Karl-TalkTalk  I am not convinced that is true as I do not have the TV product and my online account shows I do not have it. However, I still received a letter telling me I would be charged unless I opted-out.

Emails have been sent to all registered billing email addresses.

Again, not true.  Whilst I have recieved a letter I have not received an Email at my billing email address.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi AllyM

In your case, you would not have had the charge applied to your account as you do not have a TV product.

TalkTalk have made every effort to advise customers of this upcoming TV charge.  Emails have been sent to all registered billing email addresses.  Letters have been sent out.  This has appeared in the press and on TV so the majority of customers outside of this Forum should have been notified in some way.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Thanks Arne,

but it does leave questions unanswered:

What if you hadn't done this for me, would I have been charged or not?

Would I have received notice or just charged anyway?

Are there people out there right now who don't read this forum, don't know about the new £4 charge, don't use TalkTalk TV services and are about to get a surprise extra £4 added to their next bill without any prior notice?

Message 5 of 13

Hi @AllyM

I have sent the request to OPT out of the TV charge. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Yeah, start, continue, whatever, that was just me trying to explain, sorry. The point is you can opt out. Leave it to the OCE.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

@ferguson wrote:
If you are sure that you do not want to continue with the TV service then the OCE will definitely sort it out. 

Continue with? I think you mean "start".

Just to re-iterate, I have never had a TalkTalk TV box. I have never had or used any TalkTalk TV services in my life, and I do not wish to begin now.

If applicable, can an OCE please opt me out of the £4 charge.

I hope that is clear enough.

Message 8 of 13

Hey, this new charge came as a surprise to all of us. If you are sure that you do not want to continue with the TV service then the OCE will definitely sort it out. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

@ferguson wrote:
just ask to opt out here and the OCE will sort that for you.

Yes, that is what I am asking.

I have not received official notification, so I don't know whetther my account is affected or not,

so I want an OCE to check whether the charge is due to be added to my account, and if so, opt me out.

It would seem like a fairly simply thing but it feels like I'm battering my head against a brick wall.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

You should receive individual notification, but if you want to be on the safe side just ask to opt out here and the OCE will sort that for you.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Thanks for the reply.

That page does indeed provide some information but unfortunately doesn't answer any of the questions I was asking you. I will try to clarify the information I'm looking for:

1, As I have never had a TalkTalk TV box or any TalkTalk TV services, does this mean I will not incur the extra £4 per month charge or will it be added anyway?

2, If the answer to question1 is that I will be charged the extra £4, will I receive an official email or letter of "notice" for this addition, (as some people on here say they have already received), and if so when can I expect to receive this notification?

3, Again, if the answer to question 1 is that I will be charged the extra £4, when and how can I opt out, as I clearly have no desire to add TalkTalk TV services to my package?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 13

Hi AllyM 

Apologies for the delay.

This help page provides further information TalkTalk TV pricing is changing

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes