Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4+ months of poor service, no resolutions, cancel contract

kdebniak
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I've been having issues for around 4 months now with poor speeds, nowhere near my guaranteed minimum. I have contacted customer service many times to try resolve this, they do the usual and do some "tests" and/or "configurations" which don't resolve the issue. I had a splitter delivered to my house which doesn't work from the BT wall box at all.

I have evidence of the internet speed/router being crippled when running a download over the internet and doing a LAN download/copy of a file. There is something inherently broken with the router I have been provided. I am downloading a file at 2Mb/s (which I'll add is extremely poor speeds for a start) and the LAN transfer is at 305kb/s. I have a Gigabit equipped NAS device and switch so there is no explanation which my speeds should be this low, and especially why when pausing the internet download my LAN speeds start to increase to a max of 2.5Mb/s (which again is shockingly poor because I have Gigabit connection across the board). 

An internet download should not affect a LAN file transfer speed. The dashboard panel indicates that I am getting 55Mb speeds and I am getting nowhere near this ever and there is a warning to indicate I have had disconnects on the line. The service status has said you are working on the fault and have been doing so for over a week now. No communication or resolution and nowhere near the 55Mb speeds you are indicating.

I am working from home and I need to have a reliable internet connection to do so, I would like to discuss termination of contract on the basis that I am not receiving the level of service I signed up for and any fixes to the issues I've faced have been non-existent. On top of that, I would like compensation for the 4 months I've paid for a service I have not received.

While I understand you have a reduced service during this time, I can't understand how there is no way via email/phone/live chat to get further support and I am having to rely on a "Service Status" page that does nothing. How you can't have agents supporting off-site to look at emails or help with live chat is quite frankly shocking.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi kdebniak, the customer loyalty team are you go to point of contact for simple cancellation. You can reach them between 10 and 6 everyday on 0345 172 0046 there is a wait of about an hour, but they will get to you and get this sorted for you.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi Emma,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have amended my profile to include my number, please be advised this is a wired connection to my PC and the NAS that I am experiencing these issues with.

Working in IT I have already done the typical 1st line fixes so can I kindly request that we skip past this phase of troubleshooting. As mentioned, the LAN speeds affected by WAN speeds make no sense, must be a router issue. I have had 4 months of below 40Mb download speeds and at times crippling max 2Mb/s download. There has been no resolution, I have asked for compensation on numerous occasions and I would like to discuss terms of contract termination based on the fact I have not received the level of service agreed upon when signing the contract.

0 Likes

SocialTeamEmma
Philosopher
Message 3 of 4

Hi kdebniak,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. Can you please complete your community profile making sure you include your landline number.

Can you also confirm if you are using a wired or wireless connection to the router?

Thanks

Emma

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

0 Likes