Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£50 charge for non-return of router

luckyscott1
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi all,

Having been a long standing customer of TalkTalk, despite being out of contract and on a rolling month to month contract, TalkTalk are now looking to charge me £50 for not returning the router to them. I was under the impression that as I was out of contract and owned the router, that I am not liable for the £50 charge. Appreciate any feedback anyone can provide as I am keen to resolve the matter but can't help but feel that the £50 charge is not reasonable. I have moved house recently and am no longer a TalkTalk customer.

Best Regards

2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi @luckyscott1

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions 

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

@luckyscott1, at the moment I can't access Talktalk's Ts&Cs (there's ongoing maintenance happening on My Account - don't know whether that's causing it to be affected) but when you can reach them, I think it's item 7 that mentions equipment. 

We are only allowed to treat our first ever router as our own - if you were with Talktalk for many years, you may well have had a replacement router at some stage.

All these other ones are not ours to keep. Talktalk has been zealous in chasing these up this past year.

If you do have to return it, use the returns bag, which staff on this forum can provide. 

Keep a record of the tracking number and a certificate of posting, as Talktalk is not always very efficient at actually recording the equipment as returned...!

For staff to identify your old account, please add the Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu that starts with "email" choose Personal Information. Put your details in there, and in Private Notes add your current home address for them to send the bag to.

Save changes. 

Staff will be back on here during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes