cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

£85 charge!

11 REPLIES
Marky mark1
First Timer

I'm wanting upgrade to fibre , I've seen its free set up but after reading the terms and conditions it says you may be charged £85 ? Any ideas why. 

jbuchanangb
Insightful One

I think that usually an existing customer will get some sort of welcome credit against part of the cost, but there is actual work to be done by the technicians to change a circuit over from standard ADSL broadband to fibre broadband, so it is not unreasonable for there to be some sort of one-off charge.

I see from my April 2012 bill that I paid a Fibre Activation fee of £25.

surfing from my 8 years old Dell Inspiron 545, running Windows 10 and using my Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adapter to connect to the D-Link 3782 router.
derek199
Wizz Kid

Marky mark1 wrote:

I'm wanting upgrade to fibre , I've seen its free set up but after reading the terms and conditions it says you may be charged £85 ? Any ideas why. 

You shouldn't have to pay anything with the current offer that TT have going, until March 16th they are offering free installation & free activation, TT clearly state that new & existing customers are all treated the same so you should be ok.

Perhaps an OCE could clarify this for you?

..almost everything in life is easier to get into than out of.
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Marky mark1

The guys are correct, you'll not pay for connection/set-up during the current offer period.

The small print says "There is no set up fee but you may see a charge and full credit of a further £85 on your first bill."

So, it's just a TalkTalk accounting thing.  But interesting, nevertheless, when BT Openreach charge TalkTalk just £49 (according to the BT Openreach pricing list)

Gondola - I'm a PlusTV customer * Security Hub - Stay Safe Online
Community Team

Hi Marky mark1

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

Marky mark1
First Timer

Hi,

thansk for your Reply! I've upgraded to fibre and everything is fine, many thanks for your help in this matter

kind regards!

mark!

Community Team
Kylesenior1210
First Timer
Do/did you have to pay £85 as I've changed to this package aswel
ferguson
Community Star

Promotions and prices vary all the time, the current deal is quite clear, there are no setup fees:

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 16.48.10.png

Marky mark1
First Timer

Thanks, I'm all sorted, thanks for your reply! 

Marky mark1
First Timer

Hi! 

Ive just upgraded and I haven't had to pay any set up fee at all so all is Good! 

Thanks for your  reply! 

Kylesenior1210
First Timer
I have Already have a line installed but when I saw this small print about the £85 it worrying me

Exclusive offer fixed for the entire minimum term of your contract( £27 per month for 24 month contract, £32 per month for 18 month contract, £32 per month for 12 month contract, ) £32 per month thereafter.There is no set up fee but you may see a charge and full credit of a further £85 on your first bill. Offer is available until 16/03/2017. The Plan has fibre broadband with speeds of up to 38Mb (your exact speed estimate will be given at point of sale).