Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A charge being added to my bill

ricnat
Team Player
Message 18 of 18

I received an email today 10/05/2022 stating I had not returned my faulty TV box and a charge of £50 pounds is going to be added to my bill. I returned the faulty box the day after I received my new one as this was a few months ago I no longer have the proof of posting receipt can somebody please sort it out. my account number is XXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS 

Regards Richard 

Richard the lionheart
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18
0 Likes

ricnat
Team Player
Message 2 of 18

Hi Gliwmaeden2

I have checked my transaction history and the £100 has been credited back to my account

Thanks for your help

Regards Ricnat

Richard the lionheart

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 18

The face value of the bill can't be changed after it's produced, @ricnat.

However, the £100 should show as present in your transaction history and, if it got there in time, should mean that it is not taken by Direct Debit. If it wasn't there in time, the full amount will be taken this time, and the surplus credited in your account can go towards future bills, or you can claim it back, from My Account to your bank account,  as you wish.

I'll re-escalate this, in case something has gone wrong with allocating the credit.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ricnat
Team Player
Message 4 of 18

Hi Arne

The charge of £100 for not returning faulty equipment (which I did return) has still not been removed from my account if it isnot removed today it will be taken from my bank account tomorrow can you please sort this as a matter of urgency

Regards Ricnat

Richard the lionheart
0 Likes

ricnat
Team Player
Message 6 of 18

Hi Arne

Many thanks for your help

Regards ricnat

Richard the lionheart
0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

You will be able to see it, in the transaction history in My Account usually in 24 hours

0 Likes

ricnat
Team Player
Message 8 of 18

Hi Arne

Thanks for your reply I'll let you know when the charge is removed

Regards ricnat

Richard the lionheart
0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi @ricnat

Apologies that this happened

I have requested the charges are removed from the bill ASAP. 

Regards

0 Likes

ricnat
Team Player
Message 10 of 18

Hi Arne

Regarding  a charge being added to my account for failing to return faulty equipment you advised me to wait and see if I was charged and then post on here and  you would sort it. Well I waited and I've just found that not only have I been charged £50 but the charge has been added to my bill twice making a total of £100 can you please sort this out

Richard the lionheart
0 Likes

ricnat
Team Player
Message 12 of 18

Hi Arne 

Thanks for your advice I will do as you say and wait to see if a charge is added to my account.

Regards

Richard the lionheart
0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Ok.

The best option would be to wait to see if the charge appears, If it does post back here I will take care of it. 

Regards.

0 Likes

ricnat
Team Player
Message 14 of 18

Hi Arne

Due to the length of time since I posted the router back to TalkTalk I disposed of the proof of posting only last week

unfortunately I didn't make a note of the tracking number.

Richard the lionheart
0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Hi @ricnat

Did you make a note of your tracking number? 

If you have can you add it to the private notes section in your community profile, i can note it on your account.

Thank you. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 16 of 18

@ricnat, I've removed your account number and surname  from public display. 

Please never post personal information details on the open forum pages  - the staff can access all that from your community forum profile details, if you have completed everything in there.

Staff reply Monday to Friday, and your thread is in the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ricnat
Team Player
Message 17 of 18

Ignore my previous post it was my router that was replaced not my TV box but my problem is the same I sent the router back 

so I don't want to be charged £50

Regards Richard XXXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS 

Richard the lionheart
0 Likes