Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

About CallSafe

ANSWERED
5 REPLIES 5
ianw2007
Participant

I don't understand why numbers/people I have added to my safe callers list online almost all come on as withheld numbers when I know full well that the callers do not withhold their numbers. It means I cannot even look back at the details to check that I have entered the number correctly and put it right if it's wrong. It's pretty obvious that if I enter a number manually myself then I clearly know who the associated caller is anyway so why the hell can't the number I enter appear on my list instead of it showing as a Withheld Number?

OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff
Solution

Hi ianw2007,

I'm sorry for the delay. I believe that this issue may have already been raised, however I'll look into this and see if I can find out any more.

Thanks

wonneil
Participant

Why as this on here as solved? 

I have the exact same problem and the last reply (from four months ago) says they will look in to it...

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

I get a similar problem with Caller Identity Display: quite randomly,  familiar people's phone numbers show as "no number" and then show some other time correctly. If they ever try to start charging for this I will remove the option to have it, as it is so unreliable as to be not worth paying for!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Gliwmaeden2 

Although the customer is talking about a different issue you may wish to know that no communications provider has charged for Caller display on 'phone handsets since 1 October 2018 due to new rulings made by Ofcom effective from that date.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

Relieved to hear that, @Gondola ! One less little charge to have to worry about being on the lookout for....! It still doesn't solve the problem of the display not being accurate. 

It displays spoofed numbers reliably,  however.  It is a shame that the technology doesn't seem to be able to catch fake numbers yet. Hope they can start to stop these before they reach us!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.