Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About my bill

Weiguowang1
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Good morning
My account number: XXXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS 
Regarding my bill. you lied to me.

Why did my bill increase by £2.50 in August and September? I always paid £24 six months ago.
When signing the contract, they said 24 pounds. Then six months later the price increased by 10%.
My idea is that it’s better to be 24 pounds the same as when signing the contract. What do you guys think?
We look forward to replying!
thanks,

XXXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS 26/8/2021

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Weiguowang1

TalkTalk took the decision earlier in the year to end the fixed price promise, as per Ofcom rules all customers where informed via Email 30 days before the increase was implemented. 

Your notification was sent 25-Jun-2021 to your googlemail.com address, the email outlined the increase and gave you the option to contact us and re-negotiate or leave the service free of charge, you had until 23rd July 2021 to make the choice. 

I'm sorry that you missed the notification. 

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 8

@Weiguowang1 , there is no "solution" as you were advised of the price rise just like the rest of us.

If the email went to your spam folder it may have been automatically deleted after 30 days.

It came from info@consumer.talktalk.co.uk and not the normal billing address.

Your only option is to call the loyalty team on 0345 172 0046 and see if you can negotiate a deal, however do watch out for a mid contract change fee of £30  being applied.

This subject has been done to death since March this year !

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8
Hi 
How do you solve this problem?  I only need to continue to pay £24 every month .  Instead of 26.50 next month .  If my problem cannot be solved, I will complain to you.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8
I haven't received these emails to notify me, and then anyone who is fine every day keeps going to check the bill.  I only checked the bank account to find that it had risen in price.  And only in August and September.  How do you solve my problem?  thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

@Weiguowang1, the answer you have been given is absolutely correct. However, I will escalate your thread into the workflow for staff attention as they should be able to check that you were sent the notification email and precisely when. 

Please note also that it's best not to display any personal information on the public forum pages. 

The account number can be identified by staff from your personal information details that should already contain your Talktalk landline number. You are also displaying your real name in association with your account number. These should be stored only in the My Profile area that you and staff have access to. 

Just to be on the safe side, I'll remove the account number and just display the bare bones of your message so only the essential information is displayed for other customers to follow your thread.

I am also moving your thread to the billing section of the forum. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 8

@Weiguowang1  TT invoked a clause in their Terms and Conditions and dropped their fixed price contracts.

Some contracts went up £2 in March/April and others like yours, £2.50 in July/August.

You would have been notified by email around your billing date a month before the rise was effective and as per OFCOM rules given 30 days to leave without penalty, you must have missed that notification.

0 Likes

Weiguowang1
First Timer
Message 7 of 8

Good morning
My account number: XXXXXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS 
Regarding my bill. you lied to me.

Why did my bill increase by £2.50 in August and September? I always paid £24 six months ago.
When signing the contract, they said 24 pounds. Then six months later the price increased by 10%.
My idea is that it’s better to be 24 pounds the same as when signing the contract. What do you guys think?
We look forward to replying!
thanks

XXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS  26/8/2021

0 Likes