Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely outraged

TrumpeterMark
Participant
Message 6 of 6

Just when I thought TalkTalk customer service could not possibly get any worse, you have reached new depths.

Following hours of webchat with customer service automatons following a completely unnecessary visit from a TalkTalk engineer, to which I did not agree, you have the audacity to charge me £50 for that utterly pointless visit. You told me, and I agreed, that an Openreach engineer would be deployed to investigate the line problem, yet a TalkTalk engineer who, by his own admission, could not possibly deal with the issue I had reported, turned up. My complaint about this (CMP-245766) was upheld, and I was promised two lots of compensation: one for the missed Openreach visit, the other for my service issue (which still persists).

Instead, I see that you plan to take an additional £50 from my bank account in relation to the visit from the TalkTalk engineer that should never have been booked and to which I DID NOT AGREE.

In what possible way do you think it is defensible to charge me additional fees when, by the admission of the complaint investigator, you have got things so wrong and I am entitled to compensation? PLEASE REMOVE THIS CHARGE AND COMPENSATE ME AS AGREED WITHOUT DELAY.

5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi @TrumpeterMark

Apologies for the delay.

A credit has been raised to clear the charge.

you will see it in the transaction history in My Account.

Regards

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 6

Your thread is in the queue for attention, @TrumpeterMark - usually only one member of staff working through the backlog, from oldest to newest. There can be issues left over still from the previous week, so it's best just to wait until your thread is reached.

Posting again delays the progress of the thread in the automated workflow. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

TrumpeterMark
Participant
Message 3 of 6

Is someone from Talk talk able to respond?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Thanks, @Gliwmaeden2. There's no sign of them revoking the charge (that shouldn't have been applied in the first place) in the transaction history. Let's see what they say tomorrow. Thanks again.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Check in Transaction History, @TrumpeterMark.

Any pre-prepared bill cannot be altered, whether online or sent by post, but the charge may be compensated for in the Transaction History area of My Account. 

Staff will reply during the week, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes