Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am leaving TalkTalk but asking for equipment back?

TekGuy
Team Player
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

My contract ends on 17th March 2019. Saw a much better deal elsewhere so have signed up now with a new company as TalkTalk deal being offered was pathetic for long standing loyal customer.

anyway, i have been using my own equipment for 6+ years probably much longer, the last router i had off talktalk was over 6 years ago. 

When i was speaking to someone last night in live chat he said he wanted the address to send prepaid bag to send router back, i argued with them over this as one i am very sure back then when you completed you're contract you then own the quipment, in addition to this i have been using my own equipment for 6+ years now, the router would just be binned by talktalk anyway. 

Can someone from TalkTalk please clarify? he said he lodged a complaint on my behalf to get a call back but don't feel confident this has been done.

I for one will have to look for this router as not used it in years but i fail to see why TalkTalk wants an old router back that should be mine once i completed contract, seeing i am still a TalkTalk customer until my switch is done and this router was given many years ago i am dumbfounded that TalkTalk wants it back, the guy said he's just reading what is being shown to him on his screen but am fuming to be honest still about this, i will be lodging a complaint also with the communications ombudsman about this if it is not sorted.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

...I'd recommend joining the Plusnet Community. Great support there also.

The reason for ISP's being willing to send out routers for testing is to avoid the Openreach engineer writing a 'difficult to find fault' down to customer premises equipment (CPE).  The ISP prevents this by stating up front that the CPE router and microfilter have been tested by substitution, where possible, at the Test Socket to exclude CPE Master socket faceplate and extension wiring issues.

Let us know how you get on. You'll have the certainty of a fixed price for the full contract and it'll be of interest to see how Plusnet retentions handle the contract renewal stage.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

It's plusnet, think i will be much happier on the basis i will never be required to plug in ISP own equipment just to do diagnostics if i ever have issues on my line, that in it self saves much time and hassle, they seem more technical knowledged than talktalk so that should suit me to as unless i come on this forum you can forget talktalk over the phone, i only ever get anything resolved by either requesting a CEO to contact me back or from the dedicated users/staff on this forum. TalkTalk gets to comfortable with it's long standing loyal customers and offering me poor deals is not the way to keep a customer, but hey ho their loss.

Message 3 of 10

...you heard it first, yesterday!

And don't forget to give us the low-down on your new ISP.  Forewarned is forearmed!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10
that's good to hear thank you.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi @TekGuy

I can confirm that we do not need the router back. 

Regards

Message 6 of 10

Thanks would appreciate them checking to make sure. Unfortunately they never offer me a good deal so thought forget it this time i will go elsewhere instead so i have.

Thank you.

Message 7 of 10

Hi TekGuy 

You'll not be charged for the initially supplied router.  Trust in what you read in the T&C's.

I've asked an OCE to check your account and make sure there's nothing there to indicate you'll be charged for a router.

Couldn't the Loyalty Team come up with a better deal for you?  Anyway, see you around.

Message 8 of 10

Thanks for replying that is good to hear, the thing that concerned me was when i asked if i will be charged because at this point i don't even think i have it and he could not answer and i had to provide him an address to send bag out.

Hopefully someone from TalkTalk can also confirm and to ensure i am not charged.

Many thanks.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @TekGuy 

You're right. The agent is just reading from a screen, as the agent said.

The Terms & Conditions spell out clearly in section 7.2 that the router initially provided by TalkTalk is owned by you.

No need to send it back. No need to worry.

Is that OK with you, seeing the T&C's in writing?