Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Echo + smart plug offer

Druhummer
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

I signed up for a new Fibre 35 service which went live on 29th June 2021, and as part of this I selected the Amazon technology pack offer for a free Echo dot and smart plug. 

When do I expect to get any part of this offer? Broadband working ok, but I would like my other products please.

I've checked my email inboxes (including spam, junk, bin, etc) and I've had billing email but no other relevant communication

Please sort this out.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi @Druhummer

I can help with the code, I first need to confirm some security questions. 

I have sent you a PM on the community. 

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 12

@Druhummer, I'll re-escalate this thread for staff to follow up. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Druhummer
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 12

Hi @SocialTeamJo 

It's now more than 37 days and I've still not heard anything about my Echo Dot offer. I've checked my email folders for junk and spam, nothing there.

Is there anything you can do to help?

Please?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi @SocialTeamJo 

No, I gave up on Twitter as the two operatives I was speaking to both stated that my account was not eligible for the offer, and after checking my account seemed to feel that I hadn't even "availed" myself on the website when I signed up. 

They couldn't be convinced otherwise, or wouldn't be.

I was really beginning to think that TalkTalk was trying to get out of the offer.

Andrew

Message 5 of 12

Hi Druhummer,

Apologies, yes you should receive the voucher code 37 days from going live.

Are you still speaking to us on Twitter?

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 12

Staff will be back to respond to your concerns, @Druhummer, during the week, Monday to Friday. 

0 Likes

Druhummer
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 12

@Gliwmaeden2 @SocialTeamJo 

I hope that the staff can sort it out. So far I've spent 2 days on Twitter messages being stonewalled. 

I'm not happy.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 12

It depends what site you signed up from, how long it takes. Many 3rd party websites take 90 days...

I think that wherever you sign up from, these gifts etc can only be claimed once you are well past your cooling off period. This will be to prevent customers hopping from company to company accumulating gifts as they go, without honouring a minimum amount of loyalty to the contract etc.

Staff will chase this up for you and, yes, they do get issues resolved. 

0 Likes

Druhummer
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 12

@SocialTeamJo it was a new sign-up not a contract renewal. Does that make any difference?

Can you confirm I am actually going to receive this offer? Seems like a lot of disgruntled customers not receiving their voucher, or not being able to get them to work?

0 Likes

SocialTeamJo
Support Team
Message 10 of 12

Hi Druhummer,

Sorry for the delay.

You'll receive the Amazon Gift code 37 days from the renewal of your plan.

In regards to your bills, you can find a full breakdown via My Account Understanding your bill

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

Druhummer
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 12

Also my monthly charge us higher that it was supposed to be as part of the sign up offer!

Anybody actually look at these forums?

0 Likes