Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Tech Pack code problem

vilhelmina
First Timer
Message 34 of 34

Hello, hope anyone can help me. I renewed my broadband and got  Amazon Tech Pack code. Yesterday I bought Amazon Echo Dot 4th gen and Amazon Smart Plug, used that code but Amazon take money from my account. Today I contact with Amazon and they told: This offer is a 3rd party offer that is payed for by Talktalk. If you have issues with the offer please contact the providers customer service so that they can look into the code for you. You can then return to us after the contact with a contact reference and transcript so that we can look into the refund for you

Anyone can tell me what need to do now and how I can back my money.

Thanks 

33 REPLIES 33

Message 1 of 34

Hi Leonieblack21 

If you still need help can you start your own thread and also update your community profile to include your landline or account number 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 34

Yes , I called Amazon directly so they could assist me further just to make sure I was doing it correctly, and they assured me the code was invalid:/ , thankyou for your reply.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 34

@Leonieblack21 There is a particular way the code must be used i.e. the item must be dispatched and sold and supplied by Amazon EU Sàrl  directly and not by a third party, check and select again. If you are still having problems ,then start your own topic for help from the support team. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 34

I am actually fuming….

I have waited 3 months for this code, they kept saying every week that  it will be in after the weekend, never was.

I only when with talk talk as they offered this gift, I wouldn’t have gone with them otherwise, as the connection is always dropping out, and customer service is awful.
I received my code finally, and rushed to order my ring bell only to have the message that the  code was invalid 🤦🏼‍♀️, I think this is disgusting tbf after reading all of these threads complaining about the same problem!!, has anyone even received their gift? :/. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 34

@c0kecan, please start your own thread.

Read back through this one and you will see that staff prefer to follow up on separate threads to avoid confusion between accounts. 

Ditto, @leszek_c. Also, you must complete your community forum profile details. Staff can't otherwise identify your account. Go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 34

Same issue here. Now in my third call. 

back from complaints team telling me it will be resolved.  Still waiting ……

0 Likes

Message 7 of 34

Any update on that issues I mentioned earlier?

Still haven't received the code. 😞

Thanks

Message 8 of 34

I started a thread on the 28th also,

"

Hello Darren,
Due to a technical issue, the email we sent you earlier didn’t contain your redemption code for your Ring Indoor Cam. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
We're working hard to get your code over to you as quickly as we can and as soon as we're able we'll be sending it over to you by email.
Your TalkTalk Team"

Still, don't have a code yet or any explanation as to why.

Message 9 of 34

Hi, last email I have received from TalkTalk was on 28th of May. No more emails after that, I have checked junk and spam folders.

Last email:

Hello Leszek,

Due to a technical issue, the email we sent you earlier didn’t contain your redemption code for your Ring Indoor Cam. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We're working hard to get your code over to you as quickly as we can and as soon as we're able we'll be sending it over to you by email.

Your TalkTalk Team

Message 10 of 34
All working now. Thanks for your help.
0 Likes

Message 11 of 34

Hi 

You should have received a new code over the weekend, can you check the spam/junk mail folders. 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 34

I have received an email with the code to redeem offer but there is no code just two horizontal lines?

Please respond TalkTalk team.

Thanks

Leszek

Message 13 of 34

Hi

Apologies for this.

The issue has now been identified and you should receive an email with a new code by the end of today.

Thanks  

Debbie

Message 14 of 34

@Robbo13, same answer as I posted previously!

0 Likes

Robbo13
First Timer
Message 15 of 34

Hello, I am having similar issues as members here and my Amazon Tech Code is invalid and will not work. I have tried all the suggestions posted, but to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.

Message 16 of 34

@Pacman1, @Richiethekid and @bobchambers, please go back to this page, and click on start a topic to open your individual thread:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/bd-p/45

Despite this issue appearing to be so widespread, the resolution needs to be found for the individual accounts, particularly to avoid confusion between accounts in the replies.

@Cathi, your own thread is already showing replies from an OCE. Similarly, @MrD47.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 34

I got the white dot but my bank account has still been charged. This is appalling.

Pacman1
First Timer
Message 18 of 34

Same here. Amazon tells me code is invalid and to refer issue to talktalk. The cost has been taken from my bank account. Tried talktalk chat but was eventually told issue had been escalated and I would hear within 7 days. That was 7 days ago and so far...nothing.

Richiethekid
First Timer
Message 19 of 34

Same problem here.  Though I noticed that on the help page it says the code is only valid for the white Echo Dot, and the link takes you to a pack with the charcoal Echo Dot, the code still fails.

Sort it out TalkTalk.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 34

Same issue. This can't be right with all these customers' codes being invalid. These contracts were renewed on the basis of being able to receive the free tech pack. 

I have updated my profile with my phone number and started my own thread on this as well but am very discouraged by the amount of posts on this subject and the lack of help or solutions.