Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BILLING SYSTEM

brydson
Chatterbox
Message 19 of 19

TalkTalk always says that they are updating their website to provide better service.

But when you log in to my account it keeps coming blank and you are unable to view your bill.

18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

@brydson  can you add your landline or account number to your profile and I can have a look at the account. 

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

@brydson , so you have now managed to view your bills?

Everything in your bill should be itemised and describe what it it for?

Are you sure this charge is for phone usage?

What does the description for the charge say?

How much is the charge for?

As previously advised, if you want forum staff to help, you should make sure your forum profile is updated with your personal details and your TalkTalk landline number in order that they are able to access your account.

0 Likes

brydson
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 19

I never used my landline to make calls but for some reason, My bill has been issued with a  charge I  never made.

This is highly suspicious there isn't even a telephone number but there is a charger on my bill.  

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Thank you for your answer.  I'll waste no time reading it.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

@Kenny12 wrote:

I have never had to disable ad blocking to view my account in the past.

It's possible that there have been changes to the way MyAccount and/or your ad blocking software works since "the past". Things do get updated and change, and a member of TalkTalk staff has given you assurance that they do not post adverts in your account area.

If you genuinely believe that there is a conspiracy and TalkTalk are lying to you then perhaps it's time for you to move to a different provider whom you trust.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

There is no "Obviously" and "web banners" about it. I have never had to disable ad blocking to view my account in the past.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19
0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

@Kenny12 wrote:

What kind of a company hopes to show ads in its customers' accounts?

I'm not sure if that is a serious question or not?

Obviously the features commonly used by companies to display advertising banners on web pages you view are the same features used by TalkTalk's web designers to display elements of your billing details.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Ah!

After temporarily disabling my browser's ad-blocker, my billing details all showed up on screen.  This solves my problem but I hope the OP can solve his.

What kind of a company hopes to show ads in its customers' accounts?

Message 10 of 19
0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

@Arne-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi @brydson 

There have been a few threads describing the same problem and 90% of the time the issue is caused by adblockers running in the background of your browser.   

@Arne-TalkTalk , if you look back the thread, you'll see I suggested trying all the usual simple things (different browser, clear cache, disable ad blockers etc) and @brydson responded with "ITS STILL DONT WORK AT ALL "

He also stated (in a now deleted post) the he had been in contact with customer services several times about this issue and they had told him that it was going to be fixed, so if he ever updates his community profile to allow you to see his account details maybe you could look into the issue in more depth?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi @brydson 

There have been a few threads describing the same problem and 90% of the time the issue is caused by adblockers running in the background of your browser.   

Ensure that your browser is up to date with the latest version ,and then please disable adblockers for our the My Account website and try again.

@Kenny12 you issue is slightly different, but start a new topic and I can investigate. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

@brydson , I was simply trying to help a fellow customer with what may have been a relatively simple solution to a problem. I was unaware that you had already been in touch with customer services several times about this issue as you made no mention of it in your original post.

TalkTalk staff on this forum generally don't work weekends and depending on how busy they are can take a few days to respond in any case. It may help to speed things up if you make sure your forum profile is updated, as I previously advised, ready for when they do get round to this thread.

@Kenny12 , in line with forum guidelines, you should start your own topic if you require help with your own issue.

0 Likes

Kenny12
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 19

I am having the exact same problem as other posters on this topic.  I log in to my account, a screen opens up with a message "Preparing Your Account", then, after a minute, I just get a blank screen which never resolves itself.

Can anyone help with this?

Message 15 of 19

The landline has always worked so that the not reason because it doesn't work on any device even if you are was a different internet service just to check your bill. TalkTalk my account always come up blank when you try to check your bill. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Ok, no need to be so aggressive.

If you would like TalkTalk staff to help, it's best to make sure your forum profile is updated with your personal details and your TalkTalk landline number in order that they are able to access your account.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

ITS STILL DONT WORK AT ALL 

AllyM
Philosopher
Message 18 of 19

Have you tried all the obvious things like using different browsers, clearing browser cache and cookies, make sure any ad-blocking / pop-up blocking is disabled etc?

0 Likes