Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been trying to cancel for two weeks - bunch of clowns - now you ahev charged me another month!

Ronnie29
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

Following a bereavement I have been trying to close the account - for two weeks!

Different phone numbers, many many different people - hours racked up holding.

Finally get through to someone who doesn't just cut me off (getting their call quotas in and doing sod all work, classic call centre trickery) and she tells me your systems are having trouble - Ooh, new one that, well done - then gives me another number, direct to the cancellation team she says.......... and that number is disconnected - due to keeping your team safe from covid - give me a break, don't hide behind covid, you're just hopeless!

Some might say you are a telecoms company and should be able to re-root your calls wherever you like and possibly let your staff work from home - but, no, you prefer to cut service and blame the pandemic - shameful.

In the end I have cancelled the direct debit as of today.

Dare charge me again - useless!

8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi @Ronnie29 

The credit for the overcharged July invoice due to delayed disconnection has been raised today. 

You should be able to request a refund in the next 24 hours. 

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 9

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, @Ronnie29. please look out for a reply in the next couple of days or so. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hello Arne. The bill has been produced and I have received a £5 refund, which is only for the last few days of the month. I cannot see a bill online, they do not seem to have produced a full statement, so I cannot say how the charges are worked out. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Thanks for the update.  Let me know when the next bill is produced. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 9

Glad to see that it's sorted at least. I know that Arne would never knowingly leave you in such a position. He is unlikely to be back online until next Monday, wait until then for further advice. 

Message 6 of 9

Thanks Ferguson. They (Arne) have responded and now cancelled the plan, but are charging me effectively for 4 weeks extra when I have been trying to cancel for 2 weeks. Still Cowboys in my opinion.

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi @Ronnie29

Sorry to read about your loss.

I can help I first need to confirm some security questions. 

I have sent you a PM on the community. 

Regards

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

I am sorry to hear of your loss, are you acting on behalf of the deceased? There have been issues with the call centres recently, have you tried contacting the dedicated bereavement team?

Subject to that, if you would like the support team to look into this for you it will help if you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) adding the account holder's details if separate in the personal notes section so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes