Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being Charged a £30 admin fee

luc95
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi, I recently Upgraded my Fibre 150 (18 month) to Fibre 250 (24 month) because TalkTalk told me this:

You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 273.5Mbps and 330.0Mbps with a minimum guaranteed speed of 247.4Mbps.

The problem is on Fibre 150 I get 150mbps all the time, and on Fibre 250 I get exactly the same speed. I have the above confirmed both via chat transcript and e-mail. As I'm paying more for exactly the same service and not getting my guaranteed speed I've asked to revert back to my original package and now I'm being told there will be a £30 admin fee (even though I'm only a week into the new service) and my actual speeds are below:

Looking into your account i can confirm that you are on the new Fibre 250 with the highest download of 262.2
lowest download of 236.0
minimum guaranteed download 118.0mb

Shouldn't I be able to cancel/revert back without a fee as it's not what TalkTalk originally said it would be?

Thanks 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi @luc95

Did you contact the support team to see if they can help with the speeds?  

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4
Thanks, updated.
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

If you would like the support team here to look into this for you it will help if you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.