Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged for broadband which doesn’t exist

Hazel4857
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I am supporting an elderly cousin who is being charged for broadband each month. She doesn’t have a mobile phone, tablet or computer and only the most basic TV. I think this charge may have gone on for years. Can’t get to speak on phone as my cousin unable to verify that someone can speak to me and have been unable to set up My account as wants to send verification text to a mobile that doesn’t exist. This is a vulnerable, elderly lady who is unwell and this situation is making her worse. Who can I speak to to get this sorted. HELP

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi @Hazel4857

Thanks for your post, 

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include the account number or home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look into it. 

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

You can put your mind at rest that the charge for broadband is in order.

TalkTalk do not do telephone only contracts and so to have a landline phone you need a broadband contract, as the phone is part of the package.

Depending on how long the contract has been in force though may mean the contract has expired and any promotional discounts she had may have expired and may be paying over the top.

I would suggest you phone the loyalty team when you are next with her so she can give authority for you to speak on her behalf.

I can't think of any ISP, other than BT who do phone only contracts, and they have been criticized for charging more for the phone than a broadband contract.

If she has a router, you could hook that up so her visitors can use the internet. If she has no router, when you discuss requirements ask for one.

Does she have a YouView box attached to the TV? If so then she is using the broadband connection as the box needs to be connected to the internet to work fully 

You can speak to the Loyalty Team on
0345 172 0046 

Opening Hours can be found here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Good luck and hope you get it sorted out.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).