Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged for returned equipment

CliffW
Team Player
Message 7 of 7

Good afternoon,
I'm hoping you can resolve this issue here as I have no wish to ring you, I already have spent enough of my time on the phone with you already.
I canceled my account and then followed the instructions you gave me to return my equipment in the bag you provided. The tracking number was HZ935809464GB.
I then was billed by talk talk £50 for failing to return the equipment.

I rang customer services and explained that I had posted the equipment off and was told to just ignore the bill as the equipment will turn up. 
Well, I'm still getting messages from talk talk for my bill, (of what I might add was in credit as well, so technically you owe me money!).
The tracked equipment shows as being delivered, so why am I being charged due to the incompetence of Talk Talk? 

This is my free time, which is very scarce these days, that I'm having to spend chasing up Talk Talk. The very reason I canceled with them in the first place, yet they continue to haunt me.

Please don't tell me to ring customer services, I already have done that, and yet here I am still trying to get this sorted out.

Many Thanks
Cliff

6 REPLIES 6

Message 2 of 7

Thank you very much indeed for your quick help.
Many Thanks

Cliff

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 7

Hi @CliffW 

Apologies the charge has been reversed, you will be able to request a refund of the outstanding credit in the next 24 hours

via My Account.  

Regards

Message 4 of 7

Thank you for your swift response.
Many thanks

Message 5 of 7

@CliffW, I'll re-escalate this thread with a comment that this needs attention. 

Unfortunately there is a queue, and staff will take a little while to reply, from Monday to Friday. 

Talktalk's processing of returned equipment appears to be in a muddle. Staff on here will ensure that this is sorted out for you.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

I8this
Philosopher
Message 6 of 7

Delivered
Your item was delivered on 02-05-2021.

Tracking number:HZ935809464GB Service used:Royal Mail Tracked Returns 48™
If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.