Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bereavement Team - Won't cancel contract without payment

mmayes
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

My mother recently passed away on the 21st October 2018.  My mother lived alone on benefits. I setup her TalkTalk broadband and paid the bill from my account in my name.

I have my own family and obviously live at a different address. The TT broadband was registered to be set up and my late mothers address not mine.

After her death I placed a call to the bereavement line and explained the situation.

After talking to two agents I was told categorically that I must pay a termination fee of £240.00 pounds to terminate the contact early.

Yes, the account was in my name but was for my deceased mother to use. I told them I can provide a death certificate registered to the broadband address and show I did not live there with proof of my own home address.

TT still demanded that I pay the full termination fee.

First and foremost, I think this is an absolute disgrace expecting the full fee. I understand the account was in my name but I didn’t ask for my mother to die.

You would expect some degree of sympathy or even a reduction in the cost but nothing.

To add insult to injury I was assured someone would call me back the following Wednesday. Surprise- Surprise no one called. This in-itself speaks volumes about how they treat customers. 

Is there an email or phone number I can call and raise this issue further?

No disrespect to the agents but I’m better of talking to a brick wall.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

I have a similar issue, please can you let me know if this has been resolved for you and how

I am having no luck with the bereavment team and will be escalating this to ofcom as its just ridiculous

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Thankyou its much appriciated

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi mmayes

Sorry for your loss. 

I would advise you to follow our complaints process here,  

You should ask for your complain to be escalated to our CEO office. 

Hope you get the resolution you want.

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Firstly, my condolences on your loss.

I have escalated this for an official response, and have removed your other post as a duplicate.

Please ensure the phone number of the accounts my being discussed is in your profile to enable the OCE to find your account and respond.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes