Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill keeps getting higher every month

TanyaSK
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

My bill is practically double the amount I agreed to pay over the phone. 

I am getting charged ridiculous amounts of money for phone calls. My mum called my mobile phone from the landline for 7 seconds and my bill says it cost 21p for her to make this call, which I presume I didn't even answer as the phone call was so short. 

I've looked at my itemised usage and it seems beyond belief that it is so high, especially given that I didn't use my WiFi much throughout July either. 

I also want past monthly bills looked at again as I am sure there's incorrect billing going on. There are months where we've made only three-four calls and been overcharged for them.

I will rethink keeping my contract with Talk Talk if this issue is not resolved and I am not refunded for mistakes in my billing! Please if any TalkTalk staff are on this forum. I need this sorted.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi TanyaSK, it looks like you've been given good advice. Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 5

I'll move this to the billing section of the forum,  @TanyaSK, but I think that you will find that the best action is to add a phone boost for UK landline and mobile calls, and also keep an eye on notices in your billing email, as you'll be warned when your contract or any discounts are about to end.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 5

The 7 second call would be charged for @ the rate for up to a minute, @TanyaSK.

Similarly 5 minutes of ordinary phone calls from a landline are going to come to £1.05, so the bills will clock up very quickly indeed.

That's why many people use the Anytime Calls boost  - definitely worth having if you make frequent calls. 

It's often discounted. You need to use it for a minimum of one month. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 5

Have you actually checked TT's call rates ?

As the system is automatic it is highly unlikely you have been overcharged.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/UK-call-costs/ta-p/2205242

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/International-call-costs/ta-p/2205250