Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing after leaving the property

stevegammage
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 16

Reference: 1011385455

The broadband speed I was getting was very slow and quite regularly was unusable even though it was just 1 mobile phone connected . I complained about this and also requested to terminate my contract as it had ran it's course and I now had to pay £30 per month instead of £20 because I didn't renew the contract. 

Although I wasn't exactly happy about this, as the Wi-Fi was almost useless and I was now paying 50% more for the privilege. 

My request got nowhere and I never received a proper reply,  I even got replied to with some other disgruntled customers conversation thread! My original request was dated 2nd February 2020 and I finally cancelled the direct debit on 30th April as I vacated the property. 

I wasn't sure if talk talk billing was in advance or retrospective,  so to be safe,  I paid the bill for May that I received in April. 

The billing continued until 16th October 2020 at a total of £225.39 and has now been passed on to a debt recovery company. 

I spent many hours on the phone to customer service at a far from cheap phone line.  Literally over an hour each time, being passed from department to department to department eventually being left on hold until I lose the will to live and hang up. Again,  never getting anywhere at all!

I am obviously disputing this preposterous invoice and wish it to be dismissed. I also hope that there is no detrimental effect on my credit score from talk talk"s mistake. 

Please can you resolve this matter finally?

I will attach copies of the emails to provide further evidence of the charade. 

Regards,  Steve Gammage 

Steve
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16
0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

To all the community team....Arne, Ady and Ferguson...i also forgot to omit Gliwmaeden2, (sorry) thanks so much for your assistance in my problem. It's taken 16 months to resolve and it finally looks like we are getting there! I have 1 more phone call expected tomorrow to finalise everything...but it's as good as done! I tried every avenue possible and really didn't hold out much hope for the forum. I've been pleasantly surprised by the professionalism and speed of action. You all deserve a well earned pat on the back ( or a round at the local) if only the rest of your company had the aptitude and customer focus...talk talk would be a world leader.
My heartfelt thanks again guys for an outstanding job!
All the best, Steve

Steve

Message 3 of 16

Hi stevegammage, that's good news. Please keep us posted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 16

I have managed to get hold of my account number and old landline.
I've updated my personal profile to include this.

Also just had a call from head office and they are going to review the information and call me back on Monday lunchtime. 

Let's hope this is the start of the end after over  15 months...🙏🙏🙏

Steve
0 Likes

Message 5 of 16
Will do..hope it finally gets sorted! 🤞
Steve
0 Likes

Message 7 of 16
Thanks Arne, I've just received a text from talk talk...
It gives a reference number of:
CMP-119005.
Steve
0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi @stevegammage

The best I can do is raise a complaint for you so that a manager can speak to you.

I will request they call you on your mobile.

Message 9 of 16

Yep, just so that only you and the TalkTalk team have access.  

Message 10 of 16

I have put it in my private profile...hope that's what you meant?

Steve

Message 11 of 16

Can you put that address in the Private notes section of your community profile , rather than in public please? 

Message 12 of 16

Hi, I'm sorry but I no longer have the account number or landline number. 

The address was *removed for security*

I hope you can find the necessary details from that?

Cheers,  Steve 

Steve
0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi @stevegammage

I dont know what that reference number is, sorry. 

Can you add your old account number, or landline number to your profile, I cant locate the account with the Mobile number that is in your profile at the moment. 

Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

Thanks Arne, done..had to get a reference number from customer service.

I hope you can resolve this fiasco and also liaise with LCS who want instruction from you.? The reference number they gave me is: TT0597349663

I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Cheers,  Steve 

Steve

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 16

Hi stevegammage

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your account number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks