Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing issue

justmee
Team Player
Message 14 of 14

No idea if this is the right place as I'm shocked to find this is only way to make contact with anyone at all from TalkTalk!!

Anyway, I am in a Fibre 65 deal for £26 a month. However when I check my bill I am being charged £28.50 for Fibre 65. This excludes all other costs and is just for the Fibre.

This is the 2nd month now I've been billed for this.

Can someone from TalkTalk tell me I have a contract for a the £26 a month and it still says it in my account but I am being charged more?

13 REPLIES 13

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 1 of 14

@justmee, there was always a clause in the Ts&Cs which allowed them to do this - most of us hadn't noticed it, and, even if we did, it was easy to dismiss it as unlikely to be applied because of the headline "fixed price promise".

See the link to Ts&Cs at the foot of the page, clause 16.

An alteration was also made to clause 9, in March, that you need to be aware of. 

Talktalk were selling new contracts as though fixed meant fixed right up to the end of February, which meant that the announcements that started rolling out at the beginning of March came as a shock to everyone....

....but giving us that 30 day notice period made the move entirely legal.

At this stage, if you ring 03451 720046 & tell them you missed the email you just MIGHT be able to haggle a credit for the difference for the remainder of your contract.

They may even allow you to negotiate a new, better deal altogether, but make sure that it doesn't come with any one-off admin or set up charges that might wipe out the gains. Check all details very carefully as it is easy to miss something, and, at the moment, loyalty issues can only be negotiated over the phone. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Thanks for your reply. But surely they can't do this when you have agreed a contract for x amount of time? I thought that was the point of a contract and that TalkTalk weren't like other companies that do that?

I thought a contract was a contract.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 14

Hi justmee

In March this year TalkTalk made the decision to end the fixed price promise and advised all customers via email, giving 30 days notice of the change, and the option of contacting us to re-negotiate or leave without penalty. 

Your email was sent 29-May-2021 giving you to the 1st July 2021 to contact us, Your price per month for fibre 65 is now £28.50 due to price rise. 

Sorry that you missed the notification. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 14

Normally not as long as this, @justmee, but the other customer's posts did delay the thread - it's an automated workflow queue which will have treated the other posts as "answers".

The main staff member for billing is away, and I have drawn the need for more cover to the attention of forum management. 

When your thread reaches them, they will post on here. It's very likely to be Monday now. Any emails you get from Talktalk will just be no-reply notifications, and they won't phone you. 

I am going to re-escalate this thread to ensure it reaches someone asap.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

So are you saying there will be a reply to this thread when it's been looked at? I'm confused as to how I will be contacted.

Also, that doesn't seem right to say that every time someone posts on the thread it delays a response. I can't control if other people reply to my thread as has already been done on this thread. And what if I've been waiting for over a week and heard nothing? What is the time scale we are looking at here?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 14

Every post delays the progress of the thread in the workflow, @justmee.

It can take several days to get a response in billing. It's better to watch for the reply first, Monday to Friday.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Is there an update on the issue?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi

OK done now. Please respond ASAP and rectify the error. 

Thanks

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 14

@Sudeag Please start your own topic if you would like the support team to look into this for you. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi 

I am also shocked this is the only way your customers can actually get in touch with Talk Talk to raise any issues/concerns. I have the same problem as the customer above. I have a contract with Talk Talk for a monthly charge of $23.50 for Faster Fibre package. 

However I am being charged $25.50 instead. 

Can someone from Talk Talk get in touch with me ASAP and rectify this billing error. 

Thanks

ferguson
Community Star
Message 11 of 14

OK, this has been flagged up to the support team for you, they will look into this and respond as soon as they can. 

Message 12 of 14

Thanks for your reply. But surely they can't do this when you have  agreed a contract for so long? I thought that was the point of a contract and that TalkTalk weren't like other companies that do that?
Also, it still says in my account that it's meant to be £26

ferguson
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

TalkTalk recently increased charges for certain customers by £2.50 a month, perhaps you missed the email notification?

0 Likes