Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing

Roadrabbit
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 8

I have just received a standard letter saying:

"Every month we send an email to (my email address) letting you know your bill is ready to view. We recently wrote asking you to update your details to make sure these messages get to you, but it still looks like they're still not getting to your inbox.

To make sure you get your bills, we have had to switch to sending them by post, at a cost of £2.75 per month".

What nonsense is this? I read the bill every month and it is paid by Direct Debit. I always check my bank account to check the amount debited, and only check further if there is an unaccountable change - there is no need then to actually read the full e-mail.

Also, if I do go to <My Account> to check my contact details, there is no way to confirm them if they are correct (which they are!), so I leave them as they are and exit. There is nothing else I can do.

It seems to me you are making an issue out of nothing. Please return me to paperless billing as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

John C Pettit

a/c no. XXXXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS 

John
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi @Roadrabbit

I need you to add either your landline number or account number to your profile, I cant locate your account with the mobile number you have added. 

let me know when this is done.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 8

Not sure what is going on with this, but remember that issues may be resolved more quickly by phoning Talktalk or using Chat, @Roadrabbit.

http://community.talktalk.co.uk/contactus

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Roadrabbit
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 8

This is quite ridiculous.

I followed previous instructions and, after many false roads, finally found the 'Community' and my 'Community Profile'. I added my name, my e-mail and an alternate, and clicked the <Save> button. As I said, I'm not sure what else I can do.

In any case, why do I have to link to the 'Community' in order to have paperless billing?

I am obviously missing something here, but have never come across this process with any of the other multiple accounts I have with other organisations. Please let me know what I should do here to rectify this most peculiar situation.

roadrabbit

John
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

At the moment it doesn't show that you have completed the profile, @Roadrabbit.

The community forum is separate from the account, so that you can post without revealing even your real name. Until the profile area is correctly set up, staff can't yet link you to your account and therefore don't have a clue who you are!

Did you save changes?

0 Likes

Roadrabbit
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 8

Hi Arne,

What a complicated web-site to navigate around! Finally find out how to reply to this topic. I confirm that I have checked my Community profile and updated it to include telephone number and name. Not sure why this is necessary as talktalk have ALL my details, and it is my talktalk account billing I am wishing to have returned to paperless billing.

roadrabbit

John
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 8

Hi Roadrabbit

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

@Roadrabbit, I have removed your account number from public display.

Please never include personal information on the open forum. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; profile wizard to add your landline number  / account number and Talktalk staff will be able to identify your account there.

However, they are not on here at weekends. You'll get a reply from them during the week, Monday - Friday. 

0 Likes