Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CALL SAFE

TonkaTone
Participant
Message 3 of 3

Call Safe is excellent - except that it doesn't work when you are out/away and switch your voicemail on. In these cases callsafe will ask for caller's name and play it back. If I'm not here to hear the name then the call gets blocked.

As a result I have had to turn off Call Safe (at least for the time being) - and I am already getting plagued by scam phone calls.

A. F. Bennell
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

grandadnas
Team Player
Message 1 of 3

I have just activated my Call Safe feature and have a similar problem. If I have not accepted all of my regular accepted incoming calls on my landline and am away from the landline which has an answering machine, if I am not there to take and accept the call, a message will not be left as I have not accepted the call. Not a very good idea TalkTalk. What is the solution, turn call safe off everytime you go out of the house, I dont think so

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

The call doesn't or shouldn't get blocked. It acts the same as if you just hang up without answering it or as if you used option 2.

The next time the caller phones they will again be asked to state who they are.

You can checked blocked numbers in the manage Callsafe section of my account, but unfortunately, not now you have turned it off.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes