Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in

BillGayler
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

I take a mail service only, no broadband or phone

When I try to log in to my account I get a message 

"Sorry due to technical issues we can’t log you in right now. Please try again later"

I can log into my mail service via web browser but I can't collect emails remotely via any of my mail applications.

I need to pay my annual bill to be able to reinstate the full mail service but I until I can log in to my account I can't do that.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Bill

Noted that you didn't have a Direct Debit active so that explains why the mailbox was limited to webmail only access because that's exactly what happens when a payment is missed.

Also noted that you've made payment by getting in touch with Customer Service Billing and your email access is restored as a result. So that's good.

Also noted that you've made a formal complaint. Unfortunately, that means this topic ends here because TalkTalk complaints management will take over and TalkTalk Support for this Community have to let the complaints process take its due course. I hope you achieve your objective.

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

Missed payment: Your email account will be reduced to a basic service and eventually deleted if we're unable to collect payment. If this happens your service will be restored once full payment has been made via My Account or by getting in touch with us. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

I checked and don't have a direct debit. I may have inadvertently cancelled when I last cleaned up but bank account. Come what may I still can't log into my account and can't get a copy of my receipt. Have now written a complaint letter to TT to ask them to investigate and avoind any9one else falling into this irritating trap..

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Bill

TalkTalk MailPlus requires that a DD is set up for the recurring payment. A bank will normally keep a DD active for at least 13 months to allow for annual DD payments. Banks do deactivate unused DD's but customers can delete a DD at any time.  So, yes, the absence of a DD will likely confuse the MailPlus notification and billing system that was set up to work only with an UK Bank Direct Debit.

There is no external link to 'internal' incidents like this that are not classed as major service impacting incidents. For major service impacting incidents you can track them on the  Service Status page. 

0 Likes

BillGayler
First Timer
Message 4 of 9

I'm not sure but I may not have a direct debit set up. For things that get billed annually I usually don't set up DDs. That may have compounded the problem.

I have asked support to provide me a link to the incident so I can track progress, either that or link to the site where they post service announce,ents Do you know if that is possible?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Bill

Normally, the email notification is in relation to the taking of a Direct Debit (DD) payment. MailPlus subscriptions are, as standard, set up with a UK Bank Direct Debit for the monthly or annual subscription. But when that payment is 'missing' then the system automatically suspends the use of email client access and limits access to webmail only.

What's your take on the presence of an active DD with your bank?  Should TalkTalk have been able to action a DD payment as far as you know?

I've asked TalkTalk Support here via our normal workflow notification to make sure there's a new incident raised for this issue. No harm in you asking Customer Service Billing to raise this as an incident.

0 Likes

BillGayler
First Timer
Message 6 of 9

Thanks for confirming I'm not the only one. There was only 5 calendar days between receiving the meailed bill and the service being turned off. I though that was out of order.

Im a newbie here. Not familiar with how to raise an incident. I am chatting to an agent right now. Will they be able to do it on my behalf?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hi Bill

We'll need to get this logged with TalkTalk as an incident because you're not the only TalkTalk MailPlus subscription customer to have the issue of not being able to login to the customer MyAccount and to find a Direct Debit payment has not been taken resulting in the MailPlus mailbox access via email clients being suspended or limited to webmail only access as a result of a 'missing payment'.

0 Likes

BillGayler
First Timer
Message 8 of 9

Update - I managed to pay the bill manually this morning. Remote email is running again.

I was hoping the my account lock-out was simply down to being an unusual use case for TalkTalk, taking email and nothing else. But I still can't log in to My Account. I get the same extremely unhelpful "technical error. please try later" message.

Any ideas on what to do next?

0 Likes