Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t log on to My Account on iMac

Joshdavid
Team Player
Message 27 of 27

Hi I’m having problems logging into My Account on safari on my iMac , I can log on on my iPhone and on google chrome on the iMac as anyone got any ideas?

Thanks 

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27
0 Likes

Joshdavid
Team Player
Message 2 of 27

ok Stephen , looks like safari is dying on me 

thanks for your help 👍

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

I'm unable to comment on other sites but i suspect the website or safari is picking up on potential security issues with your out of date browser. Advice is the same really, I'd stop using Safari and use something you can update to ensure it's always got the latest security patches etc 

Stephen, Community Manager
0 Likes

Joshdavid
Team Player
Message 4 of 27

4106D1F9-6079-4440-8230-55460F5A2E5C.jpeg

 but in the top right hand corner as this , will this be the same thing regarding the versions 

46DAB4BB-C5C1-4374-A6B6-E23970F46B42.jpeg

 when I try to go on my online banking it comes up with that 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 27

Hey @Joshdavid  

Thanks for the extra info, unfortunately it would appear that you're unable to get the latest versions of software because apple have end of life, the version your running, this is typical for old tech, windows do the same.  Essentially though, nothing we can do as your version of Safari is essentially unsupported by apple and by that extension not supported by us. Your only options are to use alternative, up to date browsers such as chrome, firefox, opera etc  all of which will work fine as we support the latest versions of all mainstream browsers. 

0 Likes

Joshdavid
Team Player
Message 6 of 27

I’ve just clicked on update software and it took me to apple then came up with no updates available 

to be honest Stephen am not really clued up on computers so your help is much appreciated 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

Thanks for that, im going to check with the team but v11 is pretty old and we only support the latest versions of browsers. Are you able to upgrade to the latest version or are you stuck on this version due to end of life of the OSX you're on. 

0 Likes

Joshdavid
Team Player
Message 8 of 27

93C04BA8-CF27-4B48-8145-126728AA2F97.jpeg

0 Likes

Joshdavid
Team Player
Message 9 of 27

2BEED91E-E1F7-4859-8474-CB696274882B.jpeg

0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

Can you confirm what version of safari you're using and OSX version please ?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

thanks for this, an odd one for sure. I don't know why this is happening but i have shared the screen shots with the team who look after myaccount to see if they have any ideas.  In the mean time i can only ask that you use a different browser please. 

0 Likes

Joshdavid
Team Player
Message 12 of 27

02BC6ADB-FBF7-4B46-9502-951D6C799334.jpeg

CA85BDFB-D4D4-4080-8569-E88E111EBAA5.jpeg

1EA66ED8-1798-4659-9E21-815EEDFB3941.jpeg

 that’s the 3 things am getting 

Joshdavid
Team Player
Message 13 of 27

Hi Stephen 

when I click on my account I put my email address and password in then I get a cloud with a WiFi sign in it and underneath it says preparing dashboard and preparing bill , something also down loads but I can’t open it apart from the download the screen just stays the same with the cloud and saying preparing dashboard and bill , just stays buffering and stays like that

0 Likes

StephenF
Community Manager
Message 14 of 27

Hey @Joshdavid ,

Sorry to hear abut the issues you're facing. the different in sales sites is simply because the new sales site isnt 100% live yet and so some customers see old, some see new, cookies ain't shared across devices or browsers hence your getting a different experience. Aside from that can you be specific about what issues you're facing when trying to log into my account on safari. What error are you getting what happens how is it not working, can you walk me through what's happening? screen shots appreciated. 

Message 15 of 27

The reason for the difference in the TalkTalk Home Sales page is because of cookies. A mystery though as to what is being achieved by displaying new and old styles.

Let's assume you're a new customer. You'll see the new style page.  But once you login you'll set talktalk cookies and then you'll see the former style page. Clear all talktalk history and cookies and you'll see the new style page!  I've mentioned this behind the scenes to TalkTalk but, as yet, the reasoning is not revealed! @StephenF ?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

Joshdavid
Team Player
Message 16 of 27

0CA9154B-1D92-4FA1-BAF1-D4B1D5463442.png

 this is the Home Screen on safari 

EE52D01B-082B-4DE8-9009-4FAAB7DCFA1A.png

 this is the Home Screen on google chrome , both Talktalk my account so why they different? 

0 Likes

Joshdavid
Team Player
Message 17 of 27

Hi Loulou51 

No it not been resolved , if you get it sorted please let me know how you did it 

ferguson
Community Star
Message 18 of 27

@Loulou51 Have you tried another browser as the previous poster did? Otherwise please start your own topic, it will be easier to offer help that way. 

Message 19 of 27

I’m experiencing the same issue regardless of whether I use my iPad or the laptop. Did you get it resolved?

0 Likes

TheHornedOne
Insightful One
Message 20 of 27

I have checked on two Apple devices @Joshdavid, an iMac 21.5 macOS v10.13.6 / Safari v13.1.2 and a MacBook Pro 15 macOS v10.13.6 / Safari v13.1.2 and fundamentally, there does not appear to be a problem .........

Safari TalkTalk MyAccount.png

Have you checked that the OS [Operating System] is up to date - which would automatically include Mail - on your iMac, Joshdavid, and can you provide any additional information regarding the problem you are experiencing?

~R.