Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

sdimpz
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hello,

I refused to renew my contract at the end of the 18 months,

Then this morning I get a letter from a debt company saying I owe £141.85!

I ended my contract so why am I still being charged?

I'm with a new provider and have been for a few months now so I've not even used Talk Talk,

So I'd like to know why I'm still being charged if I never renewed my contract?

If someone could help me out that would be great.

Thanks

Karina Andersen
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi sdimpz

When your minimum term ends you account does not automatically cancel, You account is still active and we are providing a service to the property.

Did you contact us to cancel the service? 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Not sure the staff here can help, but if they can, please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Did you give notice in accordance with the terms of your contract, or ask your new provider to give such notice as part of the transfer, or did you assume the contract ended at the end of the period and just sign up with someone else? The contract terms can be found via the link at the bottom of each web page.

You would probably be best speaking to the Loyalty Team
0345 172 0046 is currently working. Say "Loyalty Team" or "leaving TalkTalk" or "cancel TalkTalk" when prompted and you should get through to someone to talk to.
You may though have to listen to a few lengthy recorded messages, but if you persevere you should get through to someone.

They are currently working Monday - Friday 9am-7pm, and some Saturdays going forward.

Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).