Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

ANETT89
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Screenshot_2021-10-26-12-20-32-233_com.android.chrome.jpg

Hi,

I wanted to cancel the services with you at the end of my contract. I called up and gave 30days notice. But it didn't happen because I was going with Virgin Media and they didn't take the line over.

So why am I calling then to give 30days notice? I made sure you knew that I am leaving. I contacted you on the phone and many times via chat. 

I was supposed to know that Virgin Media wasn't going to take the line over so I should have cancelled my contract differently. How? And what if I wasn't aware any of this? I talked with Virgin Media and they told me I had nothing to do. 

And now I have to give another 30days notice for £32 for you? Is this my fault? I gave 30days notice and I even contacted you today and called up today to find out there's no cancellation and need to give another 30days. This is appalling.

I was offered a deal a month ago and I said no because I have a better deal with Virgin. It was recorded on the phone. And it's still me who needs to pay for another month? 

Could you please let me know if there's anything we can do to cancel my contract? 

Thank you, 

Anett 

Anett Barna
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi ANETT89

I can see the call made on the 12th October, The advise given was to ask your new provider to request your landline number this would have started the cancellation process, Obviously this didnt happen, I presume VM gave you a new number so  the TalkTalk account has remained active. 

The only way to cancel is to contact our loyalty team on 03451720046 or 03451725157, explain the error made by VM and ask for a cancellation ASAP. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi @ANETT89

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions 

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

I called up on 12th of October. 

Anett Barna
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

No, I didn't get anything like that. That's why I kept contacting them online via chat about it. 

Anett Barna
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 5 of 7

@ANETT89  When you originally cancelled did you get written or email confirmation ?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

When did you call to cancel? 

If you would like the support team here to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes