Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled account

mappy24
Team Player
Message 15 of 15

I called earlier to cancel my service on the 6th August.  However, I see an estimated cancellation date of 19th August on the "My Package" page.

Is there any way my service can be cancelled from 6th August as this is our moving out date and we do not with to use the home moving service.

Thanks

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi Ian, 

Really sorry for the delay.

Have sent you a PM requesting for some details, we'll then help with this.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi Jo,

Yes please, can you put a bar on the line from the 6th August please, as this is the date that the new owners move in.

I have the router here ready to return as we've already moved out, can a returns bag be sent out please?  As long as it's sent via Royal Mail it will reach me as our mail is being redirected to our current address.

Thanks in advance.

Ian

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi mappy24,

The new owner would have to request for a new line order as opposed to a line takeover, their ISP should not have any issues doing this. 

Please let us know if you would like a bar to be applied when you move out of the property.

Thanks, 

Jo

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 15

I should have added, either way please confirm that you want a bar applied and from what date. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 15

As I understand it you would only need to "cancel the cancellation" if you were switching your existing line yourself to another provider. If a new customer orders a new service from a new provider then it should not be an issue. Nevertheless I cannot be sure, so let's see what further advice we get from the support team. 

0 Likes

mappy24
Team Player
Message 6 of 15

Hi Jo,

This is different from what I was told by customer services, apparently once a cancellation is in progress on the line it's impossible for another provider to provide service on that line.

I was told that I should "cancel the cancellation" which I've done so that the new owners can then approach BT who will take over the line on the 6th August which then triggers an account cancellation at your end.  I think this is what we should have done in the first place - nothing!  

TalkTalk has been great, but to be honest this has been a bit of a nightmare.

Message 7 of 15

Hi @mappy24,

Apologies for the delay.

We can apply an outgoing bar on your account when you move out of the property. As for the new home owners, they should be able to place a new line over from which ever provider they choose, with no issues.

Please get back to us to apply a bar on your account.

Thanks, 

Jo

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 15

Wait for staff to reach this again, @mappy24. It sounds like it's quite a headache......

Might be that Talktalk will still take their 30 days' worth of £ from you, regardless of whether the new owner's IP has taken over the line. That might be the point.

Definitely a good idea to get outgoing calls barred from that date anyway, in case there's a problem. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Thanks, so this means they could potentially be making phone calls and we'll get the bill for it?  Sounds like we do want to bar calls from the 6th onwards then!  However, will they be able to order, say, BT or Sky while TalkTalk have the line?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 10 of 15

Talktalk are saying that you should have given them 30 days' notice,  @mappy24, as described in the Ts&Cs at the foot of any Talktalk page. 

They are not wrong to be expecting you to observe the notice period, and Talktalk has offered to bar calls from the date of your choosing.  They are not in the wrong, going by the Ts&Cs.

Show the Ts&Cs to your lawyer. 

I'll re-escalate your thread for Talktalk to come back to address this question asap.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hi, I'm going to ask this again as the lawyer for the house sale has just been querying this.  I told TalkTalk I was moving out on the 6th, I would like the service to be terminated on that date, not the 19th so that the buyers are able to arrange a BT connection on the line, they are apparently home-workers and will require the ability to set up their own service to start on the 6th/7th August - will they actually be able to achieve this or not?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

They will be able to order a service they will just need to order a new number from whoever they choose.

0 Likes

mappy24
Team Player
Message 13 of 15

So what happens when the new owners try to arrange their phone/broadband to start on the 6th August?  Will they not be able to sign up to a provider until the 19th?

Not that it affect me any to be honest 🙂

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 15

Hi @mappy24

Thanks for your post. 

I suspect that the 19th is the earliest date available for the cancellation as we operate a 30 day cancellation policy. When you move out on the 6th we can add a total bar on the line to stop anyone using it. 

Hope that helps 

0 Likes