Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled my service but still charged this month

Shirley1701
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

As the title suggests I have recently cancelled my service with TalkTalk but received an email that I have a bill due this month.

I remember logging on to My Account after the phone call with the representative and saw that my service was cancelled. When I log on now it shows my package overview and nowhere does it show that it has been cancelled.

When I called and cancelled I did not receive any kind of confirmation email saying that my service was cancelled. I tried looking for Live Chat but had no luck as I wasn't able to find the link on this site or on Google. What to do now?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Thank you all for the replies for resolving this. I'm glad to know that there was an overlap and that the credit can be claimed back next month if I pay the bill now. Thanks again

Message 2 of 6

OK, it does look like there has been an overlap in dates. You will get another bill at the usual time next month which should show a credit, assuming there are no other charges outstanding. You will then be able to claim that back via My Account. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 6

It's also a matter of your billing date, @Shirley1701.

Talktalk always bills the full month in advance. So you then get a refund credited to your My Account the next month. Then a bill for £0.00 after that. 

You will need to claim that credit back eventually.

Staff will check the dates for you.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi ferguson, thanks for replying.

Unfortunately as I made the call a month ago I do not remember the specific date the service would cease. I do remember however it was around the 12th of November but not before the 19th - so mid November

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

You will continue to get billed until your service ceases, can you provide the respective dates?

0 Likes