Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract as Mum in Car Home

CaroleCobb
First Timer
Message 12 of 12

I am trying to cancel my Mums Talk Talk account  , due to being admitted to a care home with Alzheimer's.  Getting nowhere with customer services .  There is no money not sure what else I can do.

As you can imagine it is a very stressful time ensuring she is getting the correct care i do not need the added complications of cancelling her utilities etc this process is appalling and all other companies have been a lot more understanding.

Can anyone help me.  There is no LPA or POA due to the illness coming on very quickly.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi @CaroleCobb

Sorry for the delay

I will send you a PM to confirm some security

Thank you.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 12

I'll re-escalate this for you, @CaroleCobb, I am sure that @Arne-TalkTalk will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Staff are always working through a queue of requests. Once you get a reply, keep a close eye on the thread and supply any information as quickly as possible, as otherwise it just takes a bit of time for them to get back to your thread. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 12

Hi there,

I havent heard back so thought I would chase - can anyone help me.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi there- yes I have most of the information.  Please let me know what you require.

Many thanks

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 12

Hi @CaroleCobb

Sorry for the problems you have had.  

It is a difficult situation, do you know any of the security details on the account? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

With respect, you're not. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

@ferguson Thank you for your advice. I was trying to offer some support to the person who started this topic ..

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 12

@ragamuffin If you want help with your issue please start your own topic. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Just to share my own experience. We have just sold my mother's home, as she has moved into a care home. In my case, I have Power of Attorney. I was advised to submit, by post, a Power of Attorney request, including a copy of the PoA document. This was 28 days ago. It appears that Scottish lawyers are rather more efficient than TalkTalk's employees, because in that time the house has been sold, and I have heard nothing from TalkTalk.

I am sorry, Carole, to be breaking into your query, but we seem to be in a similar situation, and I do not share ferguson's optimism ..

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Many thanks

ferguson
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Sorry that you are having difficulties sorting out your mum's account. There are of course necessary security procedures in place, but I am sure the support team here will do their best to help in the circumstances.

If you complete your community profile here and, in particular scroll down to the Private notes section where you can enter your mum's name, the service address and TalkTalk landline number that will be helpful to start with. 

0 Likes