Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my service

Team Player
Message 5 of 5

Hi, could I please speak to someone about cancelling my service with talktalk?


I'm out of contract, so it should be fairly straightforward.






Message 1 of 5

Hi @LHunter


There is no cancellation going through on the account, and there is no indication that you have contacted us either. 

Best option would be to call the loyalty team on 03451720088 The will be able to sort this out.


Sorry for any inconvenience caused 


Community Star
Message 2 of 5

You may need to phone them again, @LHunter (not on Sundays).


I'll re-escalate this thread to see if we can get a comment from staff. Keep an eye out for their response during the week (Monday to Friday).


You always get billed a full month ahead, so, depending on when you cancelled, there's a chance that another bill was due before the 30 day period was up.


In which case the next bill will show a refund for the appropriate number of days since the 30 days were up ..... that is if they put the cancellation through correctly. 


You would then be able to claim the refund via My Account to the bank you regularly used for the Direct Debit. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Team Player
Message 3 of 5



Just following up from this. I phoned talktalk last month to cancel the service, I was I told the account would be closed and we'd receive something to return the router. He also assured me I would receive an email confirming all of this.


However, literally none of this has happened and now I have talktalk trying to bill me £38 for a service I have not used since 1/7. Being out of contract since last November, I had assumed this would be a simple thing to sort out. 


Could somebody please check to see what the status of all of this is please? 


Many thanks.


Community Star
Message 4 of 5

This can't be done through the forum, @LHunter.


See the instructions here:


If you move to an Openreach serviced provider and ask them to keep your old phone number, they will cancel your TT service for you. 


For a switch to any full Fibre service  / Virgin, make sure that you check that the service is to be cancelled at the Talktalk end. Phone 03451 720088, Monday to Saturday after 9am. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.