Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling within 20 day period and moving provider.

LHunter
Team Player
Message 5 of 5

I have decided to leave TalkTalk and am still within the 20 day cancellation period. I see on one of the articles here it says about moving to another provider, that rather than cancelling directly just placing the order with the new provider.

Does this mean I can place an order with someone else now and everything will be moved over without disruption, and in the process cancelling the TalkTalk service, or do I still need to formally contact Talktalk to cancel? 

As I am withing the cancellation period I assume there will be no extra charges, however we did pay £30 for a new router, so will this need returning? If so, do we get refunded?

Many thanks, 

Lorraine.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi @LHunter

Yes as ferguson has said, as long as you transfer your number the account with TalkTalk will cancel. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

As you long as you tell them you are switching and want to keep your existing phone number, yes, they will notify TalkTalk.

Message 3 of 5
Hi, thank you for replying. Just to clarify, by placing an order with a new ISP our service with talktalk will be automatically cancelled?

Many thanks,

Lorraine.
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi @LHunter

yes you can place a order with a new supplier, Is there any particular problem that we can help with?

0 Likes