Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access my account Boyfriend details needs to be changed to mine to pay the Bill!

Leigh21
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi, 

I hope someone can help us! 

my boyfriend cannot access his account. 
Hes phone number has changed yet email has never changed. For some reason we still cannot access. He had fraud on his account so changed banks so we cannot update the direct debit details. 
In November last year we couldn’t access the account, so we spoke for hours to Customer services who couldn’t help us as we couldn’t answer any of the security questions yet they would take a “guesstimated payment” so we could get our wifi back up and running? We paid over our usual billing price of £60 which got our internet back on. Yet we’re back in the same situation with no internet. We wouldn’t mind just gaining access to the account to carry our services with you however it seems we honestly have no choice to leave... is there anyway someone can help? 

I have filled in the form of forgotten details yet still awaiting a response. 

Leigh
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi @Leigh21

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include either your home telephone number or the account number, we will then be able to have a look at the account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

If you have a basic Broadband or Fibre package with Talktalk, @Leigh21, you have a landline number. 

It comes with the "line rental" aspect of the package, regardless of whether you choose to use it.

If need be, borrow a handset to plug in and dial up 17070. The number associated with his account will be read back to you.

Have you been receiving billing notifications? You say the email address is still valid.

Every billing notification shows the account number. Check back several months to before everything went wrong in case there's older correspondence left from Talktalk. 

There would have been an original welcome pack. 

You should always keep everything. 

Security will have to be passed every single time you try to contact Talktalk. 

First step is to plug in a phone to check the number and then add it to your community forum profile details. 

To add your Talktalk landline phone number go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

Further security checks will probably have to be made as you are not the account holder. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 5
Sorry, let me explain further.

We have no landline number - my boyfriend also changed his mobile number on a few occasions since we signed up with talk talk (including bank details )- which means we cannot pass the security questions over the phone as we hold literally no information that seems to match on their system. Except of course, his name & registered address, hence why they took the payment in November to get the wifi back on.

My boyfriend is unfortunately in hospital and this is why I have been trying to gain access of the account so we can pay the bills & update details.

He’s already spoken to a supervisor back In November and confirmed who he was & I was he’s girlfriend yet as I’ve said the details he gave for some reason still did not match to pass security and things were left there.

We spent hours trying to resolve this before and got nowhere in regards to accessing the account. We were only able to make a guessing payment to which needed to be paid in order to get the internet back on which did work yet took us hours to sort this.

Do you think there is a simple way of resolving this so we can gain access to internet again?
Leigh
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

@Leigh21, could you clarify why the telephone number has changed?

Was this supposed to happen?

Really not clear from what you posted. 

It would be a good idea if your boyfriend were to post on here in his own right.

To identify the account, he'll need to complete his community forum profile details by adding his correct Talktalk landline number in the profile area of the forum. 

Staff may need to make additional checks.

They reply Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes