Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access my account

dusterman
First Timer
Message 14 of 14

How can I pay a bill when I keep getting "Sorry due to technical issues we can’t log you in right now. Please try again later."

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 1 of 14

So glad to hear you got it all sorted, @dusterman. Just sad that it was an arduous process!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

dusterman
First Timer
Message 2 of 14

Hi all, thanks for your help, after spending most of the day on the phone and online finally got there, after speaking to a number of  agents, the last one sorted the problem out in minutes. Went thro' on the payments line and ignored all the requests for land line number etc etc as I was only interested in the Talk Talk Mail Plus service renewal and the last agent was great, all sorted for another year.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 14

That's great, glad you got it sorted.  🙂

0 Likes

dusterman
First Timer
Message 4 of 14

Thanks all, after spending most of the day on the phone finally renewed my TalkTalk Mail Plus service, The final lady I spoke to new exactly what to do. Had to sit on the 0345 172 0040 number and ignore the requests until I was put thro' to an agent put the renewal thro' in a matter of minutes.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi dusterman 

There is a known issue with the MailPlus MyAccount login not working for some MailPlus customers. There's no scheduled date for a fix to be applied and as there's a network change freeze from 10 December only urgent issues affecting loss of service are going to be fixed over the coming Christmas period. But, there are workarounds to safeguard your email addresses during any hiatus.

Normally, a customer would sign up for MailPlus, the subscription service to retain the use of TalkTalk Mail addresses,  by entering an email address and password. That email address and password are used as the MyAccount login. Do you get signed in or again see the error message? I think the error can arise if the email password is changed but that change is not synchronised to the MyAccount login. If you have changed the email password but remember the original password then try the original password for the MyAccount login.

Also, a MailPlus subscription customer would set up a Direct Debit for the monthly or annual payment. Do you have an active Direct Debit for the MailPlus subscription?

Prepare for TalkTalk Support by updating your Community  MY PROFILE

• Select your avatar top right, MY SETTINGS, Personal Information, and include:
  • Your name, alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add your TalkTalk email addresses, MailPlus customer account number and notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

If the payment is not made then the email addresses can get limited to webmail only access and subsequent deletion. So, to avoid limiting and deletion in this case, TalkTalk can safeguard those addresses pending resolution of the MyAccount issue. I'll alert TalkTalk and in the meantime if you could update your Community profile and let us know the answers to the questions above.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 14

Ah, OK, thanks for clarifying. Hopefully that added information will help the support team to guide you to a solution. Or maybe our resident email expert @Gondola could help?

dusterman
First Timer
Message 7 of 14

Hi all, ferguson, thanks for answer, I left TalkTalk years ago as I am on SKY, but have been paying a yearly retainer for my emails / email adresses, so am blocked there as I do not have a TalkTalk phone number, so go around in circles back to "Sorry due to technical issues we can’t log you in right now. Please try again later."  TalkTalk has sent me a yearly bill which I happy to pay and my email address is recognised by TalkTalk.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 14

You can pay via automated phone service, click on the link provided above by @Gliwmaeden2 for full details.

0 Likes

dusterman
First Timer
Message 9 of 14

As previous I use and have tried Firefox, Chrome and MS Edge browsers and still cannot get past "Sorry due to technical issues we can’t log you in right now. Please try again later." As the message indicates  technical issues I assume it is at Talktalk's end so how do I make a payment if cannot get to my account?

0 Likes

dusterman
First Timer
Message 10 of 14

If I cannot get past ""Sorry due to technical issues we can’t log you in right now. Please try again later." then I cannot do any thing as all help option send me to login to my account which ends up with that message.

0 Likes

dusterman
First Timer
Message 11 of 14

Thanks for replies, I tried from two different computers, two different browsers, a smart phone, what else do I have to do. I only get a yearly bill as I wish to retain my email addresses.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 12 of 14

Lots of different ways to pay, @dusterman, but simpler if you have set up Direct Debit. 

Your billing email will inform you of the amount every month.

Ways to pay:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Payment-methods-and-paying-your-bill/ta-p/2204899

Add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account and look into what is going on. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 14

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Does this also happen if you try a different browser?

Thanks

0 Likes