Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant login to my account

Matrix_66
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 11

Hi I have had the same account for over two years and have been able to login to my account. but of a sudden i have been unable to login to my account for at least two month.

to start with you keep trying do the change password and register. but nothing works.

so in the end you do the online chat which are very helpful and they escalate the problem for you.

then you get an email back about two weeks later telling you you have not registered.

So its my fault. then when you try to register it says (t looks like your details haven't been recognized. Check to make sure you've typed everything in correctly.).

so you talk to chat again and one tells you you have been deregistered. then i get disconnected and have to explain to another poor customer chat person. who can only escalate your problem again. so still cant login to my account but they are happily sending the bills to my email  so there is no problems with that. sorry for the rant I don't usual say anything but I'm just a bit fed up with it.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi @Matrix_66

The charge has been cleared, and I can see that the billing method has now been changed back to online. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 11

I'll re-escalate this for you, @Matrix_66.

Arne should be able to look into this again. It would seem that they didn't set your account up again exactly as before. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Matrix_66
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 11

Hi well I can get into my account now but you won't believe this got home to day to find a envelope from them with my bill and have changed me for having paper bill which I have never had as have been paperless for as long as I have been with them so now have an extra £2.75 added to my bill. With has must have been changed when my account was messed up. So now have to get on to customer service yet again and see what they have to say. Which will be them reading off of the screen. Not a happy bunny with them at the moment. You can't wonder why people leave. Rant over again.😤

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi @Matrix_66

I will pass this to our security team, It looks like the advisor who helped you register was working 2 accounts and the same time and has mixed them up causing this issue.  I have completed a feedback form for the agents manager. 

It does seem like a genuine mistake, and we can only apologise for any distress caused by this. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 11

Glad you can now access your own account, @Matrix_66, but the serious issue of them breaching the other customer's data still needs addressing by Talktalk, and whatever consequences that leads to.

They can't just sweep it under the carpet. 

I'll escalate this thread again for staff to comment further. 

0 Likes

Matrix_66
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 11

Hi update

In the end I rang customer service and told them what has happened that they linked me to someone else account. I think the lady was a bit shocked as she put me on hold for a while. Then came back and said my account was ok so had to explain again that it was my email and password word but on someone else's account. She then put me on hold again. Then when she came back said I would have to give her my details and leave it with her which I said no to as i was getting fed up with it and not happy being connected to someone else account. It seemed to me that nothing was getting sorted out with a problem that they had caused. So I would not leave it till it was sorted out while I was on the phone as I had the other person's details. So was on hold off and on for ages but got sorted in the end and was eventually added to my own account. Which you would have thought when I contacted them on chat over two weeks ago that they would have been able to sort that. I hope the other customer whos details i had was contacted by them as he would not be able to get in his account. I did get get a bit annoyed with the lady and apologized as it was not her fault. This was cause when it was escalated to customer support that sent me the email. and i have his emails. So not happy with them at all. The poor lady apologized but you would think someone higher up would have contacted me about this, As they gave out some one else details which is breach of data . Which I could have used if I was not honest.
Rank over not a happy customer

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 11

That's awful - quite apart from a breach of data, the other customer probably can't get into their My Account  now .....

I'll re-escalate this for attention, @Matrix_66

0 Likes

Matrix_66
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 11

You wont believe this talk talk have sent me an email saying they have done my account and all i have to do is add a password .

so i have added a password got it verified and guess what its someone elses account  i now have someone elses details how bad id that 

i hope customer service see this and get back to me.

not happy

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hi @Matrix_66

Sorry that you are having problems.

Your account is showing as not registered for My Account at the moment, can you try and re-register following the normal process via the my account website www.talktalk.co.uk/login/ 

Hope that helps

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

I am moving this to the Account section where the support expert will guide you to a resolution, give them a day or two to pick this up after the weekend backlog.