Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Ownership

James61
Conversation Starter
Message 17 of 17

Change of Ownership

I have been with TT for many years but now need to pass ownership of the TT account from myself to my girlfriend. We live at the same address. We both filled in and signed the ‘Change of Ownership’ forms and she filled in the direct debit mandate and posted them both to TT about a week ago.

I have just received this in the post.

Reference Number: 220106-000140

“I am sorry to inform you that I am unable to change the ownership of your account as we will need you to confirm the home address that you request for the change of ownership to be processed as we can only process it on the service address and without this information I wont be able to make any changes in your account”.

There is no other information in the letter.

How do I confirm my home address please?

Do I have to re-submit the forms?

Would it be easier to cancel and close my TT account so she can open a new one?

Thank you.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi @James61

The change of ownership appears to have been completed. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi James61

I will chase this up today.

Sorry for the delay. 

0 Likes

James61
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 17

Any updates concerning my change of ownership?

I replied to Nolwazi Mkhize (talktalk team) by snail mail. I wrote a letter confirming my home address.

I still fail to understand why he has sent me 2 letters to confirm my address by sending them to my address? Surely if this wasn’t my address, then how have I received and replied to them?

Anyway, I’ve yet to hear back.

I’m out of contract this coming week. Things would be so much easier if I could just change the ownership. Otherwise, can anybody tell me if closing my account is any easier? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

James61
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 17

My address is added to my private notes. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi @James61

Sorry that this is ongoing, can you add your full address to the private notes section of your community profile and I will sort this out for you. 

Regards

0 Likes

James61
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 17

So I re-sent the forms and had a similar reply as before.

'Kindly note that as you were advised that I am unable to change the ownership of your account as we will need you to confirm the home address that you request for a change of ownwership to be processed as we can only process it on the service address. Without this information I won't be able to make any changes in your account'.

Reference Number: 220106-000140, Nolwazi Mkhize, Your TalkTalk Team.

Sadly, even though I have been instructed twice, I have absolutely no idea how to confirm my home address? Any ideas, thanks.

Message 7 of 17

Hi James61

I would recommend that you resend the forms again. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused 

0 Likes

James61
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 17

Thank you Gliwmaeden2.

I shall wait a little longer for advice. I'm nearly out of contract but I agree it should be a lot easier to Change Ownership than cancelling etc.

All the best.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 17

Wait for staff to reach your thread again, @James61.

Using the forms should be simpler than cancelling and restarting  - cancellation brings early termination fees if you are in contract, or 30 days' notice if out of the minimum term, so not at all straightforward. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

James61
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 17

So do I re-send the same forms as before?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 11 of 17

I'll re-escalate this thread, @James61

It's important to get to the bottom of this!

0 Likes

James61
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 17

Oh, and I've checked my address in 'My Account' and thats OK. Plus I'm not trying to change my address (that stays the same), its just the ownership (name/payment details).

Thanks again.

0 Likes

James61
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 17

Hi and thank you for the forms.

May I add that these appear to be the same forms I have already sent.  Could you have a look at the reply (arrived by post at my address) I recieved after sending in the forms. I don't really understand how to confirm my address but maybe you could shed some light.

6th January 2022

Reference Number: 220106-000140

Hello James,

Thanks for contacting us about your Change Of Ownership request.

I am sorry to inform you that I am unable to change the ownership of your account as we will need you to confirm the home address that you request for a change of ownership to be processed as we can only process it on the service address and without this information I wont be able to make any changes in your account.

If you have any questions about anything else, feel free to get back to us.

Thank you,

Nolwazi Mkhize

Your TalkTalk team

Do you advise I resend?

Many thanks for all your help.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi James61

The form has been emailed to you

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 15 of 17

I'll move this to the billing section for you, @James61

Customers who download a version from the web have had it rejected before. I suspect there must be differences in the form that the system doesn't cope with, especially if it doesn't include the relevant address!

Staff will send you a form by email,  and it will be the most up to date version. Print that off and post it back. 

Staff will not be in touch before next week now. 

James61
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 17

I may have figured out the problem.

Does TT have to send me the 'Change of Ownership' form via the post? I originally downloaded/printed and sent them to TT. If they send the forms to me does that confirm my address?

If so, can you send me the relevant form plus the direct debit mandate please. Thank you.

0 Likes