Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for BT engineer visit - but fault was with the BT line, not my own equipment

adriancollins
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 6

Morning All,

Hope you are well.

TT have placed a £65 charge on my bill for the engineer visit I had when I was experiencing slower Internet speeds (Fibre 150). The fault was proved to not be with any of my own equipment, or caused by ourselves in any way. The engineer told me it may simply be an issue caused by old copper wiring, he did reset something on the line otherwise, but that was about it - So I would like TT to remove this charge please. (Incidentally the speeds of my fibre went up again, and has dropped again a few days later so hasn't been fully resolved anyway)

(By the way the 'fault' returned a few days later so I assume that the engineer was correct)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As advised, we've charged you for the engineer that visited your home. Find out more about engineer charges on our website.

We'll charge you if the Openreach engineer was unable to find a fault with your service or the fault was found to be related to a condition in your property or garden. Any faults related to your main phone socket may also incur a charge, as will issues caused by any personal devices connected to your line. You won’t be charged for faults caused by Openreach equipment.

Many thanks

Regards

AC

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

adriancollins
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 6

Hi Arne, that's brilliant

Many thanks for doing that 👍

Have a great day!

Regards AC

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi @adriancollins

I have requested that the charge is given back. 

You can request a refund in the next 24 hours via My Account. 

Regards

0 Likes

adriancollins
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 6

Hi Anne, many thanks and much appreciated - do you have any update on this yet please?

Thanks again, regards - AC

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi adriancollins

I will investigate this and get back to you shortly. 

0 Likes