Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for Engineer visit

geecoul
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 3
I have just received my monthly bill, and to my surprise I have been charged an additional £65 for an engineer visit to my home. I wish to dispute this charge for the following reasons:

1.  The monthly bill states ‘you have been charged an additional fee as advised’ however when I contacted customer services to highlight my internet problems and arrange the engineer visit, I was NOT advised there would be any additional charges.
  2. When the engineer did visit, after investigations into my home set up, it became apparent that the fault was not in my home. Ultimately the engineer had to replace or reconnect some cabling outside my home (something to do with the green boxes located in the street I believe). Therefore I do not expect to be charged for a fault that is outside of my control.
In addition to my disputing the £65 fees, I would if anything expect to be compensated for having no internet connection for approx 3 full days.

Im finding it extremely difficult to find where I need to address this complaint, so any direction from the community as to who I need to contact would be very welcomed. Thanks very much for your help.
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi @geecoul

I can look into this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

The situations in which compensation is paid are limited, as described here, @geecoul:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

You'll find the Complaints procedure explained in the link at the foot of any TT page. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes