Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint about my monthly bill changes

mrsmiggins0
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I agreed to a contract with a fixed monthly cost of £29.50 for the duration of my contract. You have increased this to £31.50 per month which I neither agreed to or am happy about. Please contact me to discuss this and change my plan back to £29.50 per month. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 1 of 4

Phone lines will be closed now, @mrsmiggins0, but try between 9am and 6pm on Saturday. 

Not open Sunday. 

03451 720046

The loyalty team on the phone are the only people you can haggle with.

Chat and forum staff cannot authorise a new deal for you, but they can check that whatever is agreed has been implemented correctly. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 4

@mrsmiggins0  if you have found out from the notification email you have 30 days to make up your mind what to do.

If the rise is in your latest bill then you obviously missed the notification email which would have been around the previous billing date.

If you choose @Bazzatay 's option 3, be very careful, even if you get a deal you may also be landed with a £30 fee depending on where you are in your fixed contract period, if in doubt ask them and try to get the fee waived.

0 Likes

Bazzatay
Whizz Kid
Message 3 of 4

@mrsmiggins0 wrote:

I agreed to a contract with a fixed monthly cost of £29.50 for the duration of my contract. You have increased this to £31.50 per month which I neither agreed to or am happy about. Please contact me to discuss this and change my plan back to £29.50 per month. 

Hi @mrsmiggins0 

The price increase is both legal and legit we all get the email sooner or later advising of the increase, you have 3 options.

1. If your still within you 30 day cancel period you can leave with no charges.

2. You can just put up with the rise.

3. You can ring them and negotiate a better deal with a new contract.

If 3. have the best deals open in your browser uswitch is good.

Best regards

0 Likes