Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Con

Jasminebalcombe
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

Signed up to £17 per month contract in 2018 which ended 2/10/2019. I received an email near this date stating 'I heard you're leaving us' and offering deals. I didn't want another contract so ignored this presuming that my contract would end and that would be it (as implied by the email). I then noticed in November I had £30 taken from my account and noticed a 'pending order on my account' which I had never made also due 'to go live' on 22 November. I have tried to sort this out via live chat and email but it seems my issues keep being ignored and all i am getting told is that I have been charged £30 which obviously I am aware of that. When a contract ends, it ends and requires consent and knowledge to either renew or enter into a new contract, its called the law. Am disguisted. 

14 REPLIES 14

Message 2 of 15

Thanks for the confirmation.

Message 3 of 15

Hi @Jasminebalcombe

I can confirm that the cancellation is processing to be completed 22.10.19. 

Regards

Message 4 of 15

Thank you. 

Message 5 of 15

Hi Jasminebalcombe 

I'll let the OCE know your 'phone number but I have obscured it in this thread as you don't want scammers calling you.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Thank you. The landline number is obscured for customer security.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi Jasminebalcombe 

Just do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location).

TalkTalk's Community Team OCE needs the landline 'phone number to locate your registered TalkTalk details to check out the cancellation for you.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Okay thank you, as long as the cancellation has gone through then it's fine.

Message 9 of 15

@Jasminebalcombe 

When you joined you entered into a contract that only had a MINIMUM TERM, not a maximum.

As long as the service is performing satisfactorily, you are required to give notice to leave and if it's in the minimum term, pay a penalty for leaving early.

It's the same as any other utility, they don't cut you off when a discount or fixed tariff ends.

Message 10 of 15

Hi @Jasminebalcombe 

A 'Pending order' will also include a pending cancellation order.

Martin is giving you absolutely accurate advice.

Based on your description of events then I'd say you contacted TalkTalk about ending your month by month rolling service contract about a month ago and the agents gave you an end date for your contract of 22 October which is the 'Pending order' seen in your MyAccount. (I assume the November dates given in your first post are in fact October dates). 

Exactly as Martin's advice says, you give TalkTalk 30 days' notice and contact TalkTalk as given in the advice Cancel your TalkTalk service.

I think you've probably done that but just to make absolutely sure that your MyAccount is scheduled for cancellation I've asked the TalkTalk team to confirm that for you in a reply here from Monday onwards. 

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add any relevant other notes and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details.

Message 11 of 15

If you have made it clear that you no longer want the service then TalkTalk will arrange for it to be cancelled within 30 days of them being notified.

Rolling contracts of this kind are perfectly lawful when it comes to the provision of household services, most people do not want their broadband, phone, gas, electricity etc. cut off simply because a fixed term deal has ended. Action is generally required from the customer in order to switch providers, or stop completely.

Message 12 of 15

When a contract ends, it ends that's the law and if that's your policy then its an unfair contract term, especially when the contract term is actually unclear itself and states no prices. I haven't even used the service since August so I've had £30 taken off me with no prior warning causing my account to go into overdraft. I have made it clear that I no longer want the service and am no longer stuck in a contract but no one addresses that point (conveniently). I would like confirmation that my service is no longer running and this 'pending order' which I never made is cancelled. 

martswain
Philosopher
Message 14 of 15

When a fixed price contract ends, you automatically move onto a rolling month-to-month contract at the full price.

You are required to give 30 days notice to terminate your service once outside of the minimum term.