Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract End Date

Noband
Team Player
Message 14 of 14

Hi All, so my contract end date is 27th Aug 2021 yippie 🙂

When would be the best date to migrate out to avoid any early termination fees ?

I'm thinking on or after the 27th July ?

Billing Cycle begins on 1st Aug

Regards

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

ferguson
Community Star
Message 1 of 14

You're welcome, I hope your new provider has as helpful a community as this one!  🙂

Noband
Team Player
Message 2 of 14

Cool, Makes sense. Thanks all for your help.

Be Safe And Well.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 14

So your effective date of leaving, subject to any issues arising, is 29 July, but you are in contract until 27 August. Hence the early termination fee. Which is less than paying in full for the month. 

0 Likes

Noband
Team Player
Message 4 of 14

@Gliwmaeden2 i didn't tell them, by placing the order they have been informed of the date of the new isp takes control the 29th July.

What date should i have chosen if not the 29th ? I can possibly change it but i would be billed by talk talk from the 1st August anyway

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 14

You have misunderstood. The earliest you can give notice of leaving without penalty is 30 days before the end of your contract. Which from what you say would be the 27 July. If you decide to switch to another provider TalkTalk will accept the notification from them in lieu of being notified directly. But again that cannot be before 27 July if you wish to avoid early termination charges. So you should have waited until that date before initiating the switch, otherwise the fee as it stands seems correct. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

@ferguson i have arranged the switch for the 29th which is within 30 days of the end of my contract.

there is a lead time of at least 14 days... and my billing starts the 1st of august. anyhow if i have to pay £10 to be rid of this insane company its worth it.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 14

@Noband Arne did advise that you need to arrange the switch within the last 30 days' of your contract.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 14

Probably pro-rata for the period 29th July to 27th August, @Noband.

I have a horrible feeling that you should have waited till c 29th to actually tell them.

Still, it will be interesting seeing the reply, as it really is very difficult to fathom how to avoid paying something extra.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Noband
Team Player
Message 9 of 14

So i've put an order to migrate out on the 29th of July, which is within 30 days of the end of my contract on 27th August.

So now i've just got an early termination fee of £ 9.73 applied to my account.

Why is that @Arne-TalkTalk  ?

I'd like to return this equipment too, do you have a bag you can send out that i can use ?

Thanks

Noband
Team Player
Message 10 of 14

Thanks, for your help.

Nothing TalkTalk could say or do would make me stay with this untrustworthy lot.

Message 11 of 14

Hi @Noband

Sorry for the delay, each additional post pushes your post to the back of the queue. 

If you are in the last 30 days of your contract  you can request another provider to take over the line, and you will only be charged for the service provided, if the go live date with the new provider passes your billing date you may be charged for the month in advance by us, but you will get that back the following month. 

Sorry that you want to leave but call our Customer Loyalty Team during Business hours (Monday to Saturday 10:00am to 18:00pm) on 03451720046 we may be able to give you a better deal. 

Hope that helps. 

Noband
Team Player
Message 12 of 14

3 Days later no one bothered to even reply from talk talk....

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

I'm moving this to Billing, @Noband, to wait for a reply from staff there.

It can be quite tricky to time things at the end of a contract, and do remember that you need to leave the Direct Debit in place until you receive a bill for £0.00, and in case anything needs to be claimed  back via My Account etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.