Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Price Increase

Lurks
Visitor
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

It looks like my bill has increased from £24.80 to £36.95

I wasn't aware of the price increase and see no mention of it in my emails

It looks like my fixed-rate contract expired so I'm on a rolling contract

I've tried calling to flat out cancel my contract (I have no plans on moving to a new provider) but received a "Sorry, we're closed right now" after going through the automated questions...

What times are best to call? Is there any other way to cancel my contract other than calling?

Everything I've looked at indicates I will have to call 😑

Thanks,

Dan

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

@AllyM wrote:

@Lurks wrote:

I don't religiously check my account to see when my contract is due to run out.

Neither do I.

I guess I can only speak for myself, but I am able to remember roughly when my contract is due to end (month and year) and it is always displayed in MyAccount (and my monthly bills via the discount end dates) if I ever feel the need to check up on the exact date - no need to keep checking constantly.

I have never had to rely on anyone reminding me when a broadband contract, insurance policy etc was due for renewal.

That's good for you

Everyone is different

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

@Lurks wrote:

I don't religiously check my account to see when my contract is due to run out.

Neither do I.

I guess I can only speak for myself, but I am able to remember roughly when my contract is due to end (month and year) and it is always displayed in MyAccount (and my monthly bills via the discount end dates) if I ever feel the need to check up on the exact date - no need to keep checking constantly.

I have never had to rely on anyone reminding me when a broadband contract, insurance policy etc was due for renewal.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

@AllyM believe it or not, I don't religiously check my account to see when my contract is due to run out. I also can only log in via the "Email me a link to log in" because I don't know the password and my attempts to change it do not work

I did expect at least some form of notice (see the below from Ofcom)

Companies must tell customers about their best deals
Our new rules mean phone, broadband and pay-TV companies must contact you between 10 and 40 days before your contract comes to an end. These alerts – sent by text, email or letter – must include:

• when your contract ends;
  • the price you’ve been paying until now, and what you’ll pay when your contract is up;
  • any notice period for leaving your provider; and
  • your provider’s best deals, including any prices only available to new customers.

Thanks, @Divsec, I'll try calling them tomorrow after work and yeah, the discounts have definitely expired even though I expected some kind of notice prior to the price increase

AllyM
Insightful One
Message 4 of 6

@Lurks wrote:

I wasn't aware of the price increase and see no mention of it in my emails

It looks like my fixed-rate contract expired so I'm on a rolling contract

Your contract end date (when you were still in contract) should have been displayed on your package details page in MyAccount and the discount end dates will also have been displayed on each of your monthly bills so it shouldn't really have come as a surprise.

@Lurks wrote:

What times are best to call? Is there any other way to cancel my contract other than calling?

The only reliable way to cancel is to phone them.

Support opening hours are displayed half way down this page: Our live chat team - TalkTalk Help & Support 

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Lurks yes your best way is to call on 03451720046, but they don't work weekends.

Yes you probably are out of contract and your discounts have likely to be expired as well

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.