Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Renewal Confusion

lunsfordc
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 14

So, I went into MyAccount to check when my contract expires and found that it had already expired.  So I clicked on My Offers and saw that Fibre 35 Bundle on offer for £26.   Bundle includes Unlimited UK calls to landlines and mobiles.  Plus Supersafe stuff and an Echo Dot, etc.

Excellent I thought.   Clicked on the Renew button and it said I had been successful, showing the same offer info,  my minimum speed guarantees,  and identified the cost as £44.    Within the cost breakdown it showed a figure of £14 for Unlimited UK calls  and a separate £4 for TV.

So the confusion is why the offer of £26 for Fibre 35 plus Unlimited UK calls cannot be fulfilled.   And why is there a £14 charge for UK calls which are identified as part of the package.

I immediately backed out of the online renewal.   Not confirming the transaction.   I then telephoned into the support number and was advised that they do not have access to the same offers that are made online.   Sounds ridiculous to me.

I would love to renew at the advertised rate.  

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Lunsfordc

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi @lunsfordc

The boost is currently on offer at half price £7, I can add this for you if you want.

I first need to confirm some security questions. 

I have sent you a PM on the community. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Arne,

You're absolutely right.     I haven't received an email confirmation yet, but I did print the confirmation online and it does NOT mention Unlimited UK calls at all.    I guess I jumped the gun when I finally saw the total reflect £26 that I didn't notice that it had completely dropped the telephone part of the bundle.

Please advise what my next step should be.   Do I call in to cancel my order?

Kind regards,

Lunsfordc

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

@lunsfordc I just need to clarify

Did you get an confirmation email that specifically states that unlimited calls are included in your package, by unticking the anytime calls boost all calls are now chargeable.

PM me your confirmation if it says this please. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 14

Lovely to hear that this has been resolved, @lunsfordc, and the useful feedback. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Arne,

Thanks for the reply.  

I followed up on your suggestion and called the Loyalty Team.  They were very helpful but were unable to offer me what was being offered online.  They said they do not have access to the online offers and only have their own group of offers and discounts to work from.   They tried but were unable to reach the £26 online offer.  

However,  during the conversation she said something that tweaked my curiosity.  She said " can't you just deselect the £14 charge for unlimited UK calls?".     I had never selected any "Additional Options"  only going with the standard options in the bundle offer.   When I scrolled down under  the offer there's a button to "Add  Boosts" (which I hadn't clicked on previously).   So I clicked on it only to find that the boost for Unlimited UK Calls had been automatically ticked.   Why?    Why on earth would anyone take the bundle which includes free UK calls......and then tick the box that says......"Oh yes please charge me for this freebie"?    Very poor design I think.

Anyhow, unticking the box did the trick and the £26 bundle was indeed offered for "£26 , so of course I confirmed the order and now can claim to be a happy camper.

I accept some of the blame for the confusion - but I do believe the error in automatically ticking the box was (and still is) a very poor design choice on the part of TT. 

In closing I thank everyone  for their help and assistance.   As always, this is a place that gets things done and I'm very grateful for it.

Kind regards,

Lunsfordc 

Message 6 of 14

Hi lunsfordc

The loyalty team on 03451720046 would be best to speak to as they will have access to the offers that you see online.

Regards

0 Likes

lunsfordc
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 14

Arne & Ferguson,

Thanks for a very speedy reply.

I too thought that maybe the   "online order system shows the full the charge for the boost, however when the service goes live, the discount (making it free) is then applied,"  but I think I would like for someone to state that that is the case.

I have called in,  after the original online confusion, to see if I could get someone to look into (or give me) the online offer.   The person I spoke to said they had no access to what's being offered online, and that they had their own group of offers which could make.   It was the same £44 quote I'd been made online.   Now,  I didn't speak with the Customer Loyalty Team as I had called through on the regular 0345-1720088 number.   Is there any value in me now calling the Customer Loyalty Team?   I'm quite prepared to do so.

Kind regards,

Lunsford

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi @lunsfordc

I think the online order system shows the full the charge for the boost, however when the service goes live, the discount (making it free) is then applied, I have flagged this to the sales team for investigation,

In the meantime as you are out of contract you will be paying more so I would suggest calling our Customer Loyalty Team during Business hours (Monday to Saturday 10:00am to 18:00pm) on 03451720046 

They will be able to help you. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 14

Looks like this has dropped out of the workflow, I have re-escalated it for you. 

0 Likes

lunsfordc
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 14

Hello?!?  Jo?

I was reluctant to re-post as I'm told that doing so puts you to the back of the queue.   But as I haven 't heard anything back in nearly 2 weeks I'm thinking I have nothing to lose.   Has there been any progress?   

I'm still interested in taking the offer as it is still being offered.   Screenshot available if required.

Kind regrards,

Lunsfordc

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Jo,

Thanks for getting back to me.

My Profile is always up to date.

Lunsford

0 Likes

SocialTeamJo
Support Team
Message 12 of 14

Hi Lunsfordc,

I'm really sorry for the delay and for the confusion regarding your plan.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
    • Telephone number
    • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks, 
Jo

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

There seems to be a terrible mess with this "inclusive" online renewal, @lunsfordc.

Generally, take a screenshot of EVERY page when ordering.....

Please look out for a reply from TT staff later in the week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes