Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Renewal - will it go wrong again?

jehu44
Whizz Kid
Message 5 of 5

My contract expires in February and I have received emails from Talktalk describing briefly the options available. As a long-standing Talktalk customer I dread contract renewal time. Last time Talktalk screwed up the process and actually cut off part of the service. As a result they gave me a generous discount for the duration of the contract. Having read other posts on contract renewal it seems that the only way to ensure you get the best deal is to phone the customer  loyalty team. What I dislike most about renewal is the way Talktalk puts us on the new contract as soon as possible rather than on the date the old contract expires. Other issues are that renewing online seems to be done by one click on a webpage that says that if you change your mind or have clicked by mistake "you don't need to do anything". Surely this cannot be true? Also in "Myaccount" it tells me there are no offers available, when the email says there are.  Confusing.

Any helpful advice please? I'm on Fibre 35, which works well for me, unlimited UK calls, and no TV.  

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi jehu44

Best option would be to call the loyalty team on 03451720046 or 03451725157

The will be able to see what options are available

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

0 Likes

jehu44
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 5

Thanks for the advice. I have studied the small print in the email received today and it is misleading: 

"Unless you take a separate Calling Boost, all calls are charged at the standard rate of 18p per minute for UK Landlines. This will rise to 21p per month from 1st May 2021. Calls to 084, 087, 09 and 118 numbers have an access charge of 12.5p per minute. All other chargeable calls are subject to a connection fee (currently 23p). This will be removed after 1st May 2021." 

According to the website (and my latest bill) the call charge is actually 24p per minute. Yet later in the same  email it says "All prices correct at 30/12/2021." 

The email also states that I can see all my available offers by going to my account. I tried this and found (after three attempts) just one offer that was different from those described in the email. 

I don't believe Talktalk has a deliberate policy to confuse or annoy customers but that is the outcome of their current attempt to retain one loyal customer.

I am now steeling myself for a live chat session tomorrow. I prefer live chat to a phone call because I then (if I remember to press the right buttons)  have a written record of exactly what I am signing up to.  I find taking notes during a phone call is difficult and does not provide adequate proof of what was agreed.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 5

You don’t have to renew in advance if you prefer to let your current contract run its course. Most of us do find that contacting the loyalty team nearer the time gets the best deals. Keep detailed notes of precisely what is agreed and if anything is not as you believe it should be then the team here can check and help if necessary.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

I am afraid that the advice you have read about phoning up (or you can use Chat) is correct  - and avoid getting TV added inadvertently. 

It will be part of the package description but tell them you don't want it, and they won't add the charge, @jehu44.

Check 3rd party websites to touch base with the competition/ offers for new customers etc, so that you have information at your fingertips if you have the time and energy to haggle. 

Keep a note of everything!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes