Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Renewal

SilverSurfer2021
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

As a long standing loyal customer I renewed my contract with TalkTalk last week asking for the best price and stating I wanted an identical package to my existing one ie line rental, anytime unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles, caller display and call barring.  I said I did not want a TV package or the SuperSafe boost. I was quoted £36.95 per month for Fibre 65 on a Fixed Price Plus 18 month contract which included VAT and the items I had specified and included an 18 month half price unlimited UK Calls Boost. I asked if it was necessary for an engineer to come to the house but the TalkTalk advisor said no and there would be no additional charges.  I have subsequently received emails and two letters stating that there's a £60 upgrade set up charge and also that my TV service is ready to start.   There is also a statement in one of the letters which says there is a £60 upgrade set up Free Welcome Credit.  Does this cancel out the £60 set up charge and also will I be charged for a TV service I did not want or will not use?  It's very hard to communicate with TalkTalk via their web chat as I keep getting cut off and I cannot hear on the telephone if I ring their Call Centres due to being hard of hearing and the background noise is very loud.  Can anyone from TalkTalk please clarify that I will only be paying £36.95 and that it definitely includes Unlimited Calls to both landlines and mobiles as this is not obvious in the paperwork. I definitely think their emails and paperwork are very confusing for the average user.  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi @SilverSurfer2021

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions 

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

The £60 credit is there to cancel out the fee. TV is included as standard with all packages. The support team will be happy to confirm the deal, make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes