Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract cancelled, but still being billed.

DarrenM17
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I contacted TalkTalk to advise that I would be cancelling my contract at the end of it's term, and would not be renewing the contract, but needed the account to be closed, and the service to cease.....more than the 30 days notice was given.
I was passed from one department to the next, and then back again, and then to the correct department where the call dropped out!
Hey...these things happen. So I tried again, and was passed to the incorrect department again, but finally ended up talking to a guy in Manchester I believe. I told him the reason for cancelling was not because of anything TalkTalk had done, but because where I live (semi rural) no broadband provider is able to provide a reasonable and stable service...it's just the way it is for this part of the world.
He listened, understood and assured me that the service would be cancelled as requested at the current contract end date of May 19th. He said he put notes on his screen about the account, assuring no other charges would be added. Great, job done, thank you.

Low and behold, today 26th May, I have received a bill for the next month, and a greater cost (as the contract I was on was an offer)

My telephone and broadband have been disconnected from the wall since the 19th May as this was agreed to be the end of my contract with TalkTalk.
Having no phone (I'm not plugging phone back in to make the call just in case), and no Live chat facility, this is the only way I am able to make contact.
Please advise me of why my contract, and service/billing with TalkTalk didn't end on the 19th May as agreed, and why I have a latest bill taking payment from me for up to the 25th June, for a service I am not using?
Many Thanks
Darren

3 REPLIES 3

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi DarrenM17

Your cancellation is due to complete on the 6th, but you usual bill date is before this date (25 May) the bill is still produced and taken, but you will get a refund for the period after the cancellation from the 6th June to 25 June 

The refund will be shown on the next bill produced 25th June. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 4

@DarrenM17, you should still be able to access Live Chat, if you have mobile data or are using another provider somewhere etc.

You don't need to be signed into My Account to use this. 

See the link on this page:

http://community.talktalk.co.uk/contactus

Also check opening hours  - there won't be anyone on before 9am now.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

You generally have to give 30 days notice to cancel, did you receive any confirmation by email of your end date? 

If you would like the support team here to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes