Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract ending soon

Pash02
Super Duper Contributor
Message 13 of 13

Hi My contract ends in Feb and just doing a quick search came up with this as a new customer 

It is £3 cheaper but would like the film on a rolling contract like i already have and not just the 3 months it states.

How can i change to this presuming everything is the same as what i already have?

Thanks 

tt.jpgtt1.jpg 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Pash02
Super Duper Contributor
Message 1 of 13

I still feel i should have got the 30th Dec deal but i was starting to lose  my temper mid way through and that wouldn't have achieved anything and all i got was those deals are not available any more.

Well still not best pleased but after 3 emails they called me tonight and offers of stupid prices up to £50 per month 

I stuck to my guns and insisted on what the new customer gets the only thing i haven't got at the £9 per month is the sky cinema.

They offered me that at a "special discount" of £14 per month for 18 months which i told them NO 

So they worked out my deal for faster fibre and entertainment and that started at some stupid price  i think it was in the mid - late 30's apparently i would be getting the speed boost for free but i told them a new customer gets faster fibre for £21.95 

I then told them how much it is for a new customer with room boost £31.95   so they tried telling me it would be £32.95.

I then asked the lady to hold on so i could speak to my son over the cinema as Now tv is £12 and TT offered it my for £14 and since my son Cant be bothered to set up his X box or what ever to get Now tv he said go ahead with the TT offer.

I then told the lady i now wanted the cinema at £14 and she said that offer is no longer available 

I said i want it and nearly lost my temper and was going to tell her to cancel TT but she said i will speak to my manager 

She then came back and said thats fine so the total package would be £49.95 i think she said.

I said NO it is £45.95 and even i double checked my maths.

So i now have the same package as before but for £1.95 more a month and all still for 18 months.

Someone needs to teach customer services how to add up.

Seriously you couldn't make this stuff up.

sorry for the rant. 

This is my e mail to them 

Dear sir or Madam,

On the 3rd and 12th Jan I e mailed you and yet still no reply in connection to the details below;

On the 30-12-2019  04:38 PM

I spoke to loyalty team and I am pretty certain this was the deal after telling them it’s what a new customer gets for the fibre and I want it.

One minute I can have the faster fibre 76mbs £21.95

TT boost  £4

Entertainment £6 @ 18 months

Sky film £9 @ 18 months (not the 3 Months as listed)

All the above is what I get now but for £44 and not £40.95.

Then I get told  I cannot renew now for 18 months as I am still in my contract which ends on the 5th Feb and can only renew for 12 months now.

Something about have the entertainment and Sky cinema boost which I still have.

‎02-01-2020 10:26 AM  I contacted Loyalty team again  to renew my BB at the lower price and got told I would incur admin charges  seriously!!!

I have swapped BB deals in the past mid contract when the price dropped so what’s the difference now?

Funny how I can re contact by using the web site for a higher price!

Apparently Talktalk has changed its Ts&Cs unilaterally both this autumn (2019) and the year before. In 2018 they dropped the arrangement that you could change contracts after 30 days to being stuck with your arrangement until the last 90 days. This autumn they introduced the admin charges.

My contract was agreed under the previous deals so should fall under exactly what the arrangements were AT THE TIME, as this changing of Ts&Cs mid-term surely breaches these contracts?

None of us is alerted to the changes directly, so the only way you become aware of them is by frittering time away following the forums or proactively checking under the appropriate links on the TT website....as though you didn't have other things to get on with. So, in the end most customers simply get a shock when they try to change something and this is the first they have heard of the different Ts&Cs.

However, though it is not explained clearly anywhere, if you are renewing, or upgrading, within 90 days of the end of your contract, those admin charges should NOT apply. It seems to me that whoever suggested they would is getting it wrong, as I am well within the last 90 day period!

I have been with Talktalk since it started in the 90’s and now as a loyal customer being treated like this is beyond believe.

Please honour the above screen shots and the lower price.

Thank you

Niall

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Pash02
Super Duper Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Does anyone have an e mail address for CS so I can put things in writing?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Talktalk has changed its Ts&Cs unilaterally both this autumn (2019) and the year before. In 2018 they dropped the arrangement that you could change contracts after 30 days to being stuck with your arrangement until the last 90 days. This autumn they introduced the admin charges.

It could be argued that any contract agreed under the previous deals should fall under exactly what the arrangements were AT THE TIME, as this changing of Ts&Cs mid-term surely breaches these contracts?

None of us is alerted to the changes directly, so the only way you become aware of them is by frittering time away following the forums or proactively checking under the appropriate links on the TT website....as though you didn't have other things to get on with. So, in the end most customers simply get a shock when they try to change something and this is the first they have heard of the different Ts&Cs.

However, though it is not explained clearly anywhere, if you are renewing, or upgrading, within 90 days of the end of your contract, those admin charges should NOT apply. It seems to me that whoever suggested they would is getting it wrong, as you are well within the last 90 day period!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Pash02
Super Duper Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Okl now i am ready mad 

Just contacted Loyalty team to renew my BB at the lower price and got told i would incur admin charges  seriously!!!

I have swapped BB deals in the past mid contract when the price dropped so whats the difference now?

Really really annoyed.

Funny how i can recontact by using the web site and calling TT for a higher price 

""

Our team is ready to renew your contract Unfortunately we can't renew your contract online at the moment – but our team can do it for you if you call us on 0800 049 1375 (8am-8pm) or use Live Chat (8am-10pm). To manage your current package visit My Account or see your latest offers here. You can chat online now to one of our experts, or call 0800 0491424""

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Your discount ends 15th Feb 2020 so they can be renewed then. that is providing those discounts are still available, and there is no guarantee there will be.

0 Likes

Pash02
Super Duper Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Hi 

So how long before i can renew the  18 month  half price discount for the entertainment & cinema boost and can i renew it all at the same time EG Fibre, and all the boosts?

Thanks again 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi Pash02

Looking at the notes, just to clarify:  

We can renew your Broadband/ phone for 18 months, But not the 18 month  half price discount for the entertainment & cinema boost that you currently have as its not available until it expires in Feb 2020. 

Regards

Pash02
Super Duper Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Ok spoke to loyalty team and i am pretty certain this was the deal after telling them its what a new customer gets for the fibre and i want it. (but in a nice way)

One minute i can have the faster fibre 76mbs £21.95

TT boost  £4 

Entertainment £6 @18 months 

Sky film £9 @18 months 

All the above is what i get now but for £44 and not £40.95

Then i get told  i cannot renew now for 18 months as i am still in my contract which ends on the 5th Feb and can only renew for 12 months now.

Something about have the entertainment and Sky cinema boost which i still have.

Seriously does TT want customers or what?

NOT a happy bunny

rant over

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi @Pash02

Its just the standard CS number, once connected ask for the loyalty team. 

Thanks.

Pash02
Super Duper Contributor
Message 11 of 13
HI
Is there a direct number for the loyalty team or just the CS number?
Thanks
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 13

Hi @Pash02

I would suggest contacting our Loyalty team via the Phone to discuss this, They may be able to do this manually. 

Hope that helps.