Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of calls to Isle of Man?

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 7

Because I occasionally need to ring the Isle of Man, can I check this again, @Arne-TalkTalk?

In the description of the boost for unlimited UK calls, the I o M is NOT covered by the package:

Screenshot_20220628-160253_Chrome.jpg

In the legal, pricing page, the Channel Islands are listed as NOT covered, but now there is no mention of the I o M:

Screenshot_20220628-155747_Chrome.jpg

As the IoM is an 01 number, does this mean that Talktalk is now including it in the Unlimited UK Calling Boost?

I would have thought that the legal pricing notice takes precedence over the other article, but one of them needs to be corrected to clearly show accurate details. 

There should be no discrepancies!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 1 of 7

It's the fact that the actual dial up cost is identical to the UK ordinary landline cost which made me wonder which page to believe, @ferguson.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 7

I agree that it may be a wee bit confusing, but if you delve into the UK Call Costs page it does have separate section for the IOM:

UK Call CostsUK Call Costs

If you then look at the Boost page it makes clear that the Isle of Man is not included:

BoostBoost

So all the information is there.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 7

So 24p per minute (like ordinary calls) but not in the Anytime Boost.

So the pricing information does need to be updated, @Arne-TalkTalk, to mention that it's NOT included, where it is simply omitted in the description in my first post above.

The point is that it is not even given a mention in the pricing blurb, but IS mentioned in the boost blurb.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Gliwmaeden2

My understanding is IOM dont use a UK phone network,  its their own called Manx Telecom, they are not part of the EU either, its not included in the international boost, Channel islands is part of the British isles but  use non UK networks  mainly French so are charged differently. 

Pricing is correct.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 7

Royal Mail treats it as UK for postage, and it is not charged in the same way by all telecoms companies, so this needs a reply from staff, @martswain.

Please leave this for a formal Talktalk reply.

The ordinary charge to the Isle of Man without the boost is the same as the ordinary charge to places within the UK:

20220628_213050.jpg

20220628_213123.jpg

Whereas the Channel Islands are definitely treated differently:

20220628_213106.jpg

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 7

The Isle of Man is not part of the UK, so that trumps anything else.

0 Likes