Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting my MyAccount

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

I have not been a TalkTalk customer for several years and would like to close my MyAccount and have all personal data associated with it deleted, how do I go about doing this?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 10

Apologies, can you confirm that you are you still at the same address? 

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 10

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk Arne, my name and phone number associated with TalkTalk account are in my details, what other information do you need?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi @Anonymous unfortunately as you have removed all details from your community profile I am unable to update you, as I cant locate your account. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 10

I'll re-escalate this thread, @Anonymous. Please look out for a response later in the week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 10

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk, it has been over a month since I submitted my right to be forgotten request now and I have not heard anything from TalkTalk, could I have an update on this please?

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 10

Hi @Anonymous 

As you have requested this via the community I have filled in the Right to Be Forgotten form. 

The team will be in touch with you when they process it. 

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 10

@Anonymous, it actually says "You can submit your request in a way that suits you".

If sending a letter, I should keep a duplicate of it and get a certificate of posting. 

You may be able to get advice by phoning 03451 720046 or using Chat.

Opening hours and the link to Chat are on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Staff on the forum will also be able to advise you. Your thread is in a queue for attention, so it can take a couple of days or so to get a reply. 

In all instances, Talktalk will need to check your ID. On the forum, this is done in the first place by completing your community forum profile details. 

You need to go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Very important to input your old Talktalk landline number for identification. Don't post any personal information details on the open forum pages. 

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 10

Is that really the only way of getting in touch with them, by writing a letter? There's no other method? If so that's really poor.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Follow guidelines in this help article,  @Anonymous:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Understanding-your-data-rights/bd-p/GDPR