Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Payment

LisaWells
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

It seems that two individual payments were taken this month by TalkTalk, so to start I'd like a refund on one of those payments, we've had nothing but consistent issues with TalkTalk for the past 3 months, after this bill is refunded chance is we'll be leaving due to consistent outages which causes major issues as my work is done completely online.

EDIT// It appears it actually might of been a triple payment.

13 Jan 2020PaymentDirect Debit Payment
-£26.50
14 Jan 2020Rejected PaymentDirect Debit Rejected
£26.50
21 Jan 2020PaymentDirect Debit Payment
-£26.50
21 Jan 2020PaymentCredit Card Payment
-£26.50

Thanks in advance,

Lisa.

2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi LisaWells

I'm sorry to hear this.

If you have a chat with our team here (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Chat/bd-p/socialchat), they’ll get that sorted out for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi Lisa

I've drawn this topic to the attention of the TalkTalk Community Team and an OCE will respond to you right here to help you.

You may have already done this bit but ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and your address (location) with post code. Add, then scroll down and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will link this topic to your TalkTalk service account using the landline number.

You might like to check your broadband service using the Self-Help Service Status Check.

Leave your router powered and connected to the line, preferably at the Master socket until you hear from an OCE.  The OCE will be able to check the line performance and the router and will have options to discuss with you including escalation to Networks and or Openreach if a fault is present.

On the billing it looks like the bank rejected the Direct Debit. The first two entries cancel out each other.

The billing system then retried the Direct Debit at the same time you made a Credit Card payment. The Direct Debit retry is automatic and would not have been stopped by the Credit Card payment as the payment would not have hit your account before the Direct Debit retry.

You can go into your MyAccount and request an account credit refund to your bank. Or just leave the payment there to cover next months' billing.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes